DVDVR Message Board

SNOWMAGEDDON 2016

J.T.

I am sitting here in an icy flood with no power

This is fun

I had to drive three and a half hours through that shit in order to get to work this morning.   I contemplated jumping off of the WW drawbridge.

MD got two more inches of powder yesterday.  Clearing my driveway was not the backbreaking ordeal that it was during Snowmageddon, but it was so cold that I felt my sweaty fingers sticking to the metal handle of the snow shovel, so I had to go inside and get my heavy duty ski gloves.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to bed last night when we had a winter storm warning and woke up today to a blizzard warning. So, we've gone from a weather advisory, to a winter storm watch, to a winter storm warning, to a blizzard warning.

South Bend got a shout out on the Today show and the Weather Channel this morning too. They may as well say, "YOU'RE FUCKED!" 

We've got tornadopocalypse here. A flying branch took out my right mirror on the way home. I have no idea what happened. I was just trying to deal with the lack of visibility and the next thing I know, I heard a crash and the car rocked. It was really a few minutes until it was safe enough for me to look over there and there was just the black underlay and all the glass was just gone.

So what I'm hearing is that it's Craig's fault.

Blue is my favorite Magic: the Gathering color.

Bitch slapping people with a counterspell when they thought they had the game won never did get old.

So happy Force of Will is getting reprinted.

We had 3 Tornadoes touchdown on Tuesday. A buddy of mine had 2 limbs fly through his kitchen bay window.  That was probably one of the more intense tornado scares I've experienced in awhile, and we are an area that is somewhat prone to tornadoes.

Jesus. Hope everyone else in the area is ok. Unless you're elderly or have a heart problem, snow is just a nuisance (well, the driving in it is shit too). Tornadoes are something else entirely. My thoughts go out to anyone impacted by the storms.