DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble 2016.

The Natural

I'm starting to get the feeling that they'll go ahead and finally pull the trigger on Bray as WWE champion, come Sunday. Maybe Roman gets eliminated by Trips, mid-match, and it ends up with Bray and Brock as the last two. Maybe Luke, Braun, and Rowan cause some sort of distraction, allowing Bray to eliminate Brock.

Or maybe the the lights go out just as two guys go over the top at the same time, and when they come back on, Bray is the only one standing in the ring.

If the pull the trigger on Bray they should keep the belt on him to atleast SummerSlam, let him look dominant for at least that long, they need to realize that being able to say someone is a former WWE world champion doesn't help them get over any more since there are so many former WWE champs in the WWE now, at least 7 months of convincing wins for Bray other wise it won't matter he won't be any more over than he is now.

There are many reasons why I am incredibly high on Bray Wyatt in comparison to a lot of people, but the idea that he could be so cold, then go into the Rumble and win and people would be in for it as good reason for why. And it would be so easy to book him well at the top too. Have the Authority try to cozy up to him, and have the Wyatts destroy them. Then he can be a top face OR top heel depending on the opponent.

I think Swagger/Henry definitely win after Henry's promo so he can be in his last Rumble. The Dudleyz are on the losing side of matches more often than not lately and have never been Rumble guys anyways, last year was actually Bubba's first ever Rumble match.

Splitting up the PTP again is weird, while both continue to often be in tag matches. They did a Smackdown preshow segment at the end of last month acknowledging they were doing their own thing but would still team occasionally.

I'm seeing a situation where Brock and Reigns are going at it and Hunter dumps them over.

I hope it goes like this

IKx0FAF.gif

Triple H's one last in-ring tribute to Flair, the only two guys to win the WWE title in the Rumble.

Now I want to see Triple H, Flair, and Stephanie recreate the post Rumble interview with Flair as Bobby, Stephanie and Mr. Perfect, and Triple H as Flair with him doing everything down to the "with a tear in my eye".

Maybe have Mauro as Mean Gene. "Hey...put that E-Cig out...."

• Like 5

I think I'm in the minority, but I thought the early portions of last year's Rumble with Bray being the dominant heel and pacing around and talking was really good. The match falls apart later, but Wyatt really felt like a legitimate threat. 

So AJ's coming in as the Wyatt's version of Kidman?

Maybe he's Sister Abigail.

If Audrey Marie, who was in early Wyatt vignettes wasn't released, she could have been brought up as Sister Abigail.

There needs to be a female Wyatt. I think Emma would be the best candidate for the female Wyatt.

There are many reasons why I am incredibly high on Bray Wyatt in comparison to a lot of people, but the idea that he could be so cold, then go into the Rumble and win and people would be in for it as good reason for why. And it would be so easy to book him well at the top too. Have the Authority try to cozy up to him, and have the Wyatts destroy them. Then he can be a top face OR top heel depending on the opponent.

They already have their top face, and the Authority will never give up the top heel spot. If they wanted the Wyatts as the top heel act they would've ran with them in 2014 when they were red hot. This is just the build Bray up to job to a real star(for the third year in a row) time of the year.

I feel sometimes like the Wyatt Family hurt Bray in the end. When the Undertaker had his Ministry, he was surrounded by monsters but he still stood as tall (or taller) than his collection of freaks; meanwhile, Bray looks like a midget compared to his gang of weirdos. I always pictured him as the next Undertaker, but he's looking more and more like the next Kevin Sullivan...

Bray will never be champ for more than a week because he could never go on the Jimmy Fallon show or whatever. You know, that big crossover audience and all.

That big crossover audience that exists only in Vince's head, along with those people in the entertainment industry asking him when he's going to get rid of the ring. It must be fascinating and/or scary as hell inside his head.

• Like 1

I suspect Roman gets eliminated before entrant 10 and the rest of the rumble will be very fun. It is a scenario where we know there will be a new champ but we don't know who, and all that suspense comes to a climax when Owens eliminates Lesnar to win. Owens will lose his LMS match to Dean and then come back as a late entrant in the rumble.

Also, Henry and Swagger win the pre-show. Becky wins the belt from Charlotte. New Day retains. Kaliso defeats ADR and then gets beat down by Rusev post-match.

Where did all this talk of Bray winning come from?  One of my friends who barely watches wrestling but will watch the big shows was saying "I think Bray wins"..   is it just based on the ending of this past week?

When you go from the Dudleys to Roman and Brock, people are probably gonna think they've strapped the rocket to you.

Who has ever asked Vince when/if he was going to get rid of the ring?

I think Cornette or someone when ranting on Kevin Dunn and or Vince Russo (perhaps both) at some point years ago said their dream idea of a wrestling show was a show with no wrestling what so ever. It would be a show with just backstage segments and storylines. The ultimate male soap opera.

I'm really surprised with the WWE Network and how many former soap writers apparently do and have worked for the WWE, no one has pitched a WWE soap. Basically you take all the stupid romance stories they did (Lana/Ziggler/Rusev) that made no sense on tv because they were being played out on twitter on and WWE.com where 99% of the audience at home wasn't paying attention and suddenly give them a backstory. It couldn't be any worse than Total Divas and be any more scripted.

As for Bray, yeah he isn't gonna get the ball to run with Vince at the helm. I know people have probably been like "Mr. McMahon people will buy into this guy as champion and Vince is all "I STILL DON'T GET IT. WHATS WITH THE BEARD AND THE TATTOOS? YOU KNOW IN MY DAY THE TOP BAD GUYS WERE CLEAN SHAVEN AND DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THE MOONDOG'S FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE THE BIG ONE CARRY AROUND A GIANT BONE...MAKE A NOTE OF THAT STEPH. BRAUN SHOULD CARRY AROUND A GIANT BONE".

• Like 2

The problem with a WWE sitcom is that WWE will incorrectly cast everyone just like they do on the main roster. Not only that but Vince and company will think they are making As The World Turns or some high-end art and so because of that we will get Dolph Ziggler 'acting' in supposedly serious scenes, that turn out to be some of the worse acting since Y.K. Kim in Miami Connection.