DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... Last Try

RIPPA

X-Factor was good. The hate they got made no sense.

I don't know about good, but X-Pac/Albert was at least a sensible pairing as a grocery-store-brand knockoff Shawn/Diesel which automatically gives them more reason to exist than the LON. Justin Credible is eternally terrible, though, and his presence combined with this time period being peak X-Pac hate and having theme music by Uncle Kracker probably explains why they weren't remembered fondly.

I saw Justin Credible have a ***+ match with a washed up Jack Victory in 2000. Point being that I've never understood the Justin hate, guy didn't have a good cosmetic look but probably had the best matches of any ECW champion ever.

Has anyone been able to figure out why Riley is still employed despite being bad at wrestling, bad at talking, harmful and unprofessional as a color guy, and injured for most of the past 4 years? And seemingly unprofessional in general, frequently lashing out at fans and shitting on his co-workers. What secrets could he have on Vince that are so bad Vince keeps paying him to do nothing?

The story about Rusev having heat in the locker room because he didn't publically yell at his fiancé and the wrestlers gossiped about it is the most WWE thing I've ever heard.

Seriously.  Do they actually want a 300-lb muscle-bound man yelling at his 130-lb woman in public?  How do they think that will go over? "WWE Star Verbally Assaults Fiancee in Airport!" splattered all over TMZ--yeah, that's exactly what their sponsors are looking for.

I always imagine that working together in WWE has to be stressful for any couple. Since you always travel together, you probably literally have no time apart. 

As someone who had an ex who would sometimes yell at me in public, I have no sympathy for Lana here. I do sympathize with Rusev though. 

• Like 1

Drew McIntyre was also punished for some nonsense like this.

Besides his debacle with his now retired ex-wife, he and Alberto Del Rio also took part in a bar brawl.

In the 80s that was a surefire way to get a push wasn't it?!

He needs to take the Shieky-baby approach: Throw the big clothesline and when they ask what happened, he says "Not Rusev's fault she don't know how to work."

Just kidding, of course. They've had her admonish him on TV and slap him. Nothing non smart fans haven't seen. I understand the being professional in public part but the keeping kayfabe mentality when they have programs on the network that show it's a work makes no sense. 

Honestly, as much as I used to love their act, Lana and Rusev lost a lot with that silly ass Dolph angle. So really, if Vince wants to punish them by taking them off TV or whatever, maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. The League of Nations is hot garbage and Rusev proved when he was in the ring with Cena that he's capable of better, more entertaining things.

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I guess what pissed me off about it too was that prior to the angle, Lana and Rusev were never shown to be an on screen couple. It was just wrestler and manager who just so happened to be a super hot woman. She would talk about crushing, then he would crush. It was simple and it worked. Sure, Rusev gained personality, but who's to say that wouldn't have happened anyway? And who's to say whether or not thats for the best? Sure the funny tweets, or hugging Vince is great. But if he had just stayed in serious killer mode, maybe we couldve gotten some more great Cena matches, or he could've finally been put in there with Brock. Just food for thought

• Like 1