DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... Last Try

RIPPA

No one should be opposed to Dustin Rhodes taking someone aside and teaching them how to wrestle.

Didn't know if that was supposed to be insulting toward Bálor, Cody, R-Truth, or New Day.  Could realistically be all of them.

Where does WWE go with New Day? They have beat every team in the company and are running laps now. NXT does not have any teams ready to move up or good enough. 

They will probably take on Swagger and Henry next. You might be able to turn the Ascension, but I don't think those guys are salvageable.

You could turn them face, but I'm not sure how you could do it without ruining the act. 

One sure feud would be vs Rowan and Harper. But they should hold off.. 

Big E, World Champion comes to mind.

• Like 6

Since Goldust had black-&-white painted lips yesterday, I'm kind of scared they'll bring in Finn Bàlor just to have him tag with Goldust.

I just thought of them facing a team of Kevin Owens and Bunkhouse Buck. Man that would be one of the better tag teams in the history of the great medium of sports entertainment.

Where does WWE go with New Day? They have beat every team in the company and are running laps now. NXT does not have any teams ready to move up or good enough. 

They will probably take on Swagger and Henry next. You might be able to turn the Ascension, but I don't think those guys are salvageable.

You could turn them face, but I'm not sure how you could do it without ruining the act. 

One sure feud would be vs Rowan and Harper. But they should hold off.. 

Big E, World Champion comes to mind.

This won me over and made me a Big E fan for life. I see World Champion potential in him the man is oozing charisma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eprr6bBlxi0

I was a member here in...2003ish. I feel like the board was like....red and blue for a while back then. Before the hideous green even. A time when people weren't babies and could handle opposing opinions without immediately calling someone a troll/contrarian/gimmick poster and putting them on ignore.

• Like 2

Here's February in my neck of the woods...it looks like a very busy month:

-Saturday 2/6: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO
-Saturday 2/13: St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL; Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO
-Sunday 2/14: St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL
-Saturday 2/20: Pro Wrestling Championship Series in Granite City, IL; Dynamo Pro Wrestling in St. Louis, MO(Ready Room); Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL
-Sunday 2/21: Wrestling Invades America in Swansea, IL
-Saturday 2/27: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Wood River, IL; World League Wrestling in Troy, MO; High Risk Wrestling in Warsaw, MO; World Powerhouse Wrestling in Collinsville, IL

While remaking my 1998 WCW gifs with Network rips instead of 15 year old VHS tapes, I'm stunned at how much more entertaining Chris Jericho was in 1998 than 2016. Doing anything. Literally just standing around he's more entertaining and has more charisma than anything he's done in a solid 5 years now. It's really something. I don't know how he ended up with negative charisma.

• Like 1

I was a member here in...2003ish. I feel like the board was like....red and blue for a while back then. Before the hideous green even. A time when people weren't babies and could handle opposing opinions without immediately calling someone a troll/contrarian/gimmick poster and putting them on ignore.

This place has had two gimmick posters that I know of. One is gone and the other is still in residence (hint: He LOVES lucha), but I can't think of any others. But yes, I agree, the labeling is getting insane.

• Like 1

This place has had two gimmick posters that I know of. One is gone...

No, you're still here.

• Like 5