DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... Last Try

RIPPA

I have not watched TNA in a very long time, but i've just downloaded the last few episodes to see what's going on, I can't take this show seriously with Josh Mathews - What the hell happened to his voice? Or is he cosplaying as Joey Styles?

I wish I knew how to embed tweets. But in any case, here's Kevin Owens:

Kevin Owens @FightOwensFight

To the kid who hit me in the arm tonight: I could beat up your dad in a second. To the dad: Raise your kid better. And I could beat you up.

Ah, a little tap on the arm? At least he wasn't getting attacked by a septuagenarian with a knife. 

And let me assure you, Ole wouldn't run online to tweet about getting stabbed even if Twitter were around then. Toughen up, Kevvy. Maybe watch some Georgia Championship Wrestling and see how real burly toughmen did it back then, dammit. 

• Like 4

I'm gonna go ahead and call Henry winning the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at 'Mania, then retiring. That's actually the only thing I'm predicting for this year's WrestleMania,since it's nearly impossible to figure out what's going to happen on the rest of the show. 

And let me assure you, Ole wouldn't run online to tweet about getting stabbed even if Twitter were around then.

What are you talking about?  That's how we know old-school wrestlers got stabbed in the first place, because of all the times grizzled old vets kept bragging about how tough their lives were back in the day. 

• Like 1

I know this is a pipe dream and not likely at all, but it'd be a nice change of pace if the McMahons call out Bray Wyatt and company for not assisting in the beat down of Roman and / or Brock. And then Bray can stand up to him and look important for a change.

And then Harper and Rowan can absorb the powers of the Undertaker and Kane and start doing choke slams and tombstones and they can important too.

Wouldn't that nice?

• Like 1

I more have trouble believing the part where Ole wasn't going to complain about something

If Twitter had been around in the 80s, Ole would've probably had the most unbearable feed in the world. Old school wrestlers love bragging and bringing attention to themselves just as much (if not more than) the current generation. They would've been all over Twitter.

And man, I wish that this could happen because Ric Flair circa 1985 would've been fun to follow. 

Piper's 1985 Twitter feed would have been amazing. Just him ripping on everyone in pop culture. Probably slipping one night and finally calling Hogan bald.

Anyway I saw this on Reddit and I could say was that senile old bastard.

"Regarding Tyler Breeze going from WWE NXT to the main roster, Triple H reportedly really wanted to protect Breeze and saw him as a heel on the level of Dolph Ziggler. Vince McMahon agreed and started Breeze at that level but then wasn't convinced and ended the push immediately."

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Piper's 1985 Twitter feed would have been amazing. Just him ripping on everyone in pop culture. Probably slipping one night and finally calling Hogan bald.

"Regarding Tyler Breeze going from WWE NXT to the main roster, Triple H reportedly really wanted to protect Breeze and saw him as a heel on the level of Dolph Ziggler. Vince McMahon agreed and started Breeze at that level but then wasn't convinced and ended the push immediately."

Is "heel the level of Dolph Ziggler" really a compliment? 

That's not a knock on Dolph but a knock on his push. 

Breezus would still have a push if he started off against anyone but Ziggler. Ziggler is the feud where careers go to die. Tyler started with it.  :(

And let me assure you, Ole wouldn't run online to tweet about getting stabbed even if Twitter were around then.

What are you talking about? That's how we know old-school wrestlers got stabbed in the first place, because of all the times grizzled old vets kept bragging about how tough their lives were back in the day.

Yeah, but bragging about being stabbed to dudes in a bar over drinks is orders of magnitude cooler than giving parenting tips on Twitter.

"I can beat up your dad" is the highlight of that tweet, though.

I like Breeze in that midcard spot that existed in the past WWF where he ends up as a three-time IC champion who has a couple of one-month feuds with the WWE champ as fillers between main event feuds.

I wish that spot still existed.

• Like 3

I think it *sort of* exists but because of the nature of the current booking and the additional hours of TV now, it manifests itself in the stop/start push bullshit. Razor or Perfect could've easily found themselves in the shoes of Dolph or a pre New Day Kofi if they were on TV 6 hours a week