DVDVR Message Board

The Horror Movie Kills Thread- for you sick motherfuckers!

Thomas Bugg

And THAT brings to mind the opening scene of It Follows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2d4_TgwZQc

I remember my first opinion about this movie was that it was going to be a cheap knock off of The Ring that substituted getting laid for the cursed videotape.  Glad I was wrong and it turned out to be fucking awesome.

My previously mentioned gallows humor kicked in immediately when I watched this in theaters and then shit got serious.  "She sure did pick the wrong kind of shoes to wear while running away from death... WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED TO HER LEG~?"

Re: The Omen decap, not only that but the touch of the head staring at itself reflected in the pane of glass with the expression of WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED TO ME?!

Wow. 

I'm gonna refrain from watching the It Follows clip until I rent the movie (and I feel like a dumbshit for not doing it already). 

Yeah, I hated Pet Semetary the book and Pet Semetary the novel.  They are the best nihilistic fairy tales about blinding love ever and they fucking batter my soul every time I experience them.

Poor Herman Munster..

• Like 2

I haven't read the book since I was a kid and it was one of the few Stephen King stories that scared me (the rest are contained in Skeleton Crew). The movie though, I revisit at least once a year out of some kind of masochism because it just destroys me emotionally every time. So if you want to not only be heartbroken but freaked out, don't watch this. 

"No fair."

Seriously, Zelda is the most horrifying thing in film next to Giger's Xenomorph to exist ever.

Roddy McDowall's reaction, and realization, completely changes the tone of the film. It's perfect. Bravo piranesi, I would have never thought of posting that one. 

If you consider whacking zombies to be technically killing ("You can't kill me if I'm already dead" - Harvey Keitel, From Dusk Till Dawn), this is epic, and will lighten your mood after watching the last one: 

• Like 1