DVDVR Message Board

The Horror Movie Kills Thread- for you sick motherfuckers!

Thomas Bugg

Well it just had to be done- the thread pretty much describes itself, our favorite killers in slasher flicks goin' HAM on mufuckas! A lot of horror movies are cheesy as fuck and couldn't scare a preschooler, I've long ago accepted that much- just as long as the flick has at least four or more dismemberments or beheadings, I'll get over the shitty acting. 

We'll start it off with my main man Freddy Krueger. Plenty of dumb shit teenagers have learned the hard way to never fall asleep. This blonde is no exception. Even burning herself with a cigarette couldn't halt the inevitable. 

Welcome to prime time, bitch!

• Like 1

That tracking shot with the crane in Tenebrae is so awesome. Everyone talks about the unbroken takes in Children of Men and the entirety of Birdman; those people need some Argento in their lives. HE WENT OVER AN ENTIRE BUILDING PEOPLE!

Also, from a director with a history of casting beautiful women in his films just because, the lesbian lover there (second to die) was one of the prettiest. 

This horror death scene in Alien is memorable because of what you see.

This one is memorable because of what you don't see.

Jesus, Lambert's screams gave me nightmares for days.

I both loved and hated Scott for that scene. 

All you see of Lambert's remains when Ripley arrives are her feet so you know that Lambert at least lost her boots when the Alien killed her, but Ripley's horrified reaction to Lambert's corpse suggest far worse happened to her and that is when your mind wanders to all sorts of terrible places.

• Like 3

I can normally handle my movie gore, but Adrienne's death via face dunking into liquid nitrogen really freaked me out.

Yeah I remember seeing this in the theater and this particular scene got a massive response

It's not that gruesome, but, IMO, Quint's death in Jaws becomes more fucked up the more you think about it. 

His worst fear literally happened him.

Granted, going shark-hunting in the first place wasn't a great idea if he wanted to avoid that fate, but still...

Jason gives absolutely no fucks in that scene. Him dropping the speargun is like Eminem dropping the mic. 

The quality on this doesn't do it justice, but this is fantastic:

One of the first scenes where I as a kid began to develop my now infamous Rifftrax-esque gallows humor while watching horror movies.

The idea of Satan himself coming to kill you at any time was terrifying, but I could not help but marvel at the backspin that the decapitated head had thanks to the velocity and force that the pane of glass had as it severed it from his body.