DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - SHANNON MOORE

RIPPA

vs AJ Styles

vs Roderick Strong vs Jay Lethal

w/Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels

w/Matt Bentley and The Diamonds in the Rough vs Rhino Ron Killings and Team 3D

w/Alex Shelley and America's Most Wanted vs Ron Killings Rhino and AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels

I hated OMEGA for trying to sell me on Kid Dynamo being a world beater.  Moore was more than just a spot monkey but just about every worker I talked to in Carolina that wasn't an OMEGA regular always said he was hard to work with because he took the gimmick home with him.

Last time I heard, he owned a tattoo parlor somewhere in North Carolina.  Sounds logical but not sure if it is true.

I think it is kinda sad that no OMEGA guy has had the lasting success in the business that you thought they would.  I expected Matt Hardy or Gregory Helms to be a champ or major contender in WWE to this very day, but the OMEGA alumni have either reevaluated their career choices and moved on, languishing in place, or plain ol' committed career suicide.

Seriously, upon further thought, is Shannon Moore the most mediocre junior heavyweight to ever be booked in multiple major promotions? I can't think of one match, one performance, or one thing he ever did in a major promotion that was more then "Meh". 

I've watched a lot of old school OMEGA lately and IMO, most of Moore's five star performances happened because Venom, a motivated and sober Jeff Hardy, a determined and unselfish Matt Hardy, and Cham Pain can all carry a broomstick to an instant classic.

That Will O The Wisp / KId Dynamo match that Rippa posted is all about Jeff Hardy being awesome and giving a shit.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I love Shannon's titantron during his run as a Mattitude Follower. The connection failing at 70% is a nice touch. I want to say it was the 2003 Royal Rumble where Shannon would save Matt from elimination on several occasions. He was a great lackey. 

Could someone please do that to Dolph Ziggler? I mean for fuck's sake now he's wearing "Born to Raise Hell" on the back of his tights and the only two Motorhead songs he's probably ever heard are "Ace of Spades" and "The Game". And he's raised so little actual hell in either the ring or real life, at least from what I've seen and heard.

• Like 1