DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2016 Hall of Fame

ChesterCopperpot

My god. When Flair was breaking down in tears after thanking the company and then the crowd started woo-ing, and he had this maniacal grin on his face suddenly. He was back, just like that. It was better (and infinitely worse) than any Hulk-up.

• Like 2

Pretty awesome show overall. 2014 may have been my favorite HOF and I liked this one a lot too.

Godfather & Jacqueline both kept it pretty short but were good. I think the Dudleyz speech was longer than Jackie's. Hansen was absolutely awesome, great job covering his long career and was interesting all the way through.

Freebirds was fantastic. Loved coming out to Freebird and then ending it with Badstreet USA. Hayes performing it was greatness. Cool to get Kevin Von Erich involved as well. Also really liked the video package introducing them, great stuff.

Enjoyed Snoop and didn't expect Cena to be inducting him. Fun speech from Bossman's daughter and Joan Lunden's was good too along with Dana Warrior. Flair ruled with a great speech himself and then Sting nailed the final speech.

• Like 1

HOF was WAY better than I thought it would be. 

Takeover was amazing, HOF was great, I'm starting to worry that Shane is going to die tomorrow.  Because apparently something insane is planned for HITC, and I'm calling that Shane jumps off the Jerrytron. 

Kudos to this board.  I thought the moment KVE said "New Gay" this thread would be closed before I had a moment to respond.  I applaud your restraint.  Or your failure to pay attention.

That being said, when Sting told his story about Nash and how they were both knocked out, and Nash offered to spoon Sting, when the camera cut to Nash, of all people, Darren Young was in the background.  And he's reacting and its obvious he didn't find it funny at all.

8 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

I honestly think it was like the time Show called Kaientai 'gooks' when he meant to say 'goofs.'

Speaking of the evil, racist giant; I loved the Bossman's daughter Lacy bringing up Big Show sledding on the casket. 

Is it possible for the WON to hire a single person who covers an event to actually recap an event instead of providing their own snarky commentary on the quality of people at the event?

Grrr....

• Like 3

I missed the second half of the show (left when Hayes was talking about his dog), but Hayes and Garvin really need some sort of show and/or podcast where they just tell old stories. That was fun as hell, and Hayes' Gordy impression is gold.

• Like 1

What a great show, Flair, Hansen, Sting and the Freebirds were all great.

"Martel? Are you kidding me Hansen, who did he ever beat? 9 seconds? I had to wrestle you and Brodie for an hour and you wouldn't even go to a knee for me"

Hayes strip club story was so good.

6 hours ago, lovchunky said:

Jimmy Jam loses points for not mentioning his father in law, Rugged Ronnie. 

Is it just me or did KVE not look healthy? I hope he's well.

Kevin looks like a cartoon vulture.  I mean that as a compliment.

2 hours ago, ivpvideos said:

Not the real Sid. Just some super Smart Mark sullying the good name of Sid by complaining about Roman Reigns push

This is good to know. Thank you.

God damn did Jimmy Jam love being in a spotlight again or what? That was awesome.

Plus, Hansen, Gordy and Bossman inducted, Vader doing an induction? It was like "greatest big men" night.

• Like 2