DVDVR Message Board

2016 LUCHA UNDERGROUND DISCUSSION

RIPPA

15 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

What does the  crowd chant whenever Pentagon Dark comes out? 

"Cero Miedo!"  *clap clap clapclapclap*  I believe that means "Zero fear!"

Though with AAA owning the phrase now (definitely see why @Tromatagon doesn't like them) if Pentagon Dark leaves them he can't use that.  So that really sucks.

Especially when you have talent complaining about poor travel conditions, not being given anything to eat backstage, having to pay their own rooms at times & here AAA is spending money (it ain't free) to register names/phrases of people who are leaving or will soon leave the company.

Everything comes around eventually though. The Roldans will get what's coming to them one way or the other.

• Like 2

One thing I liked about Aztec 3 was that none of the first 5 competitors were the last two in the match.

Also that the contender who came in at #12, which would've been Mundo's number, was a nice touch. So was Mandel being #13, which was pointed out to me elsewhere was amusing given his previous Disciples work.

Fox/Killshot was pure madness. So many death bumps. That backflip off the apron/Tiger Mask ropeflip spot was to die for! Need it gif'ed on a loop! Opener was pretty fun too and sets up some stuff going forward. I like the new group, especially their look. The constant drug references on commentary will wear on me eventually.

The main event was predictably terrible. Not sure why you give her the belt just to take it off her like that. Also unsure why the announcers had to pretend it wasn't Taya when I thought that was obvious right away. Just a very flat ending but whatever. Hopefully they keep Sexy Star/Taya feuding forever and out of the way of the rest of the show.

Kinda curious what would happen if I was there live and countered Johnny Puto chants with Sexy Slut chants.

I'm surprised this is a thing that wasn't guessed immediately. The other two Rabbit Tribe members are 

Spoiler

Mr. Cisco/Lil' Cholo & Mariachi Loco/Siniestro de la Muerte being recycled. If you're part of the original crew and you don't mess up, they're committed to finding a way to use you. New people will show up later.

At least the Sexy Star reign was mercifully short, and Mundo does deserve a run with the strap for his work thus far. The announcers sounded pretty stupid being surprised by the fact that the fan was Taya.

Fox/Killshot was a lot of fun. In this day and age, it's tough to pull off an all-out movez match in a way that stands out, but this one did in the same way Ospreay/Ricochet did to me. The execution was great on everything, and the speed and pace didn't suffer from the complexity of the spots. Looks like this feud will go on a while, but I hope Dante gets to work with some of the other talent in LU.

The trios match was pretty cool too. I love that London and friends' gimmick is explicitly that they do a lot of drugs, and there's no dancing around it with silly euphemisms.

10 hours ago, thecubsfan said:

I'm surprised this is a thing that wasn't guessed immediately. The other two Rabbit Tribe members are 

Hide contents

Mr. Cisco/Lil' Cholo & Mariachi Loco/Siniestro de la Muerte being recycled. If you're part of the original crew and you don't mess up, they're committed to finding a way to use you. New people will show up later.

Can you tell me more about the other Lotus Tribe members please?

Killshot is really hit or miss *ba dum pish* for me, but this match with AR Fox was really fun.  It's also amusing that they're pretty much redoing the Craig Pittman/Cobra angle from WCW.

The announcing for LU has never been that great, but this episode's seemed to be an all time low for cringe inducing moments.

• Like 1

Given yesterday's holiday, I and I'm sure @Tromatagon are thankful that Sexy's reign lasted only one week.  Seriously, almost any other woman is more deserving of the title than her and they chose her?  Talk about a misstep.  But Johnny has been killing it in his role and I'm super happy to see him win.

I loved every single thing about the White Rabbit tribe.  A group tripped out on Peyote and being wacky is right up my alley, and while it was a comedy match I enjoyed it immensely.  Also really loved Killshot/Dante a ton.  Super-enjoyable episode.

Sad to see Sexy lose it so quick, but a fun main event and Mundo is a great heel along with the rest of the group. Always enjoy Taya, looking forward to Taya vs Sexy in the future. Trios opener was a super fun one, packed a lot in to a short amount of time.

• Like 1

Looking back, I think the whole thing would've worked better if Sexy beat Mundo in their GOTG match, Mundo won Aztec Warfare, then Sexy lost this week on her GOTG challenge. They'd be in the exact same spot story wise and Sexy would've actually been protected better.

• Like 1