DVDVR Message Board

2016 LUCHA UNDERGROUND DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Holy bats was Puma/Azteca amazing.  Lots of super-fun action, really wished that was the main event.

That said, Dario was my favorite part about the show.  He's the absolute best in the backstage bits, him with Ivelisse/Taya then Catrina was a damn fine few minutes.  Then he comes to the ring for the announcement.  He looked so proud at his "4 a unique opportunity" name like it was the best pun ever.  He had this almost Fozzy Bear-like look of pride at his joke.  Yet he's so awesome that I couldn't help but love it.

• Like 1

Very cool twist there, didn't see that coming at all as a nice unexpected surprise. Felt like something that would happen in ECW. All three matches were fun and I loved Dario's excitement over announcing the match stipulations as well as Melissa's intro always including the unique opportunity bit. Good start to the Ultima Lucha. Last year's overall was one of my favorite shows of the year so I'm looking forward to the rest of this one.

I thought that Hardys Gone Loco was the most fun wrestling thing I saw all week but that topped it. 

Spoiler

First of all, the Mack running wild the whole time. Second off, Dario in the fucking tux killing it. Third off, DR. WAGNER JR. showing up to kill Son of Havoc with a Wagner Driver (and would anyone be surprised really? He's basically a freelancer unless he decides the companies he works for aren't assholes, and they are. And so is he, probably). And FOURTH OFF, Casey apparently getting a full closeup in the first half of one of the best promotions that he cares the most for. I could have been wrong but I think I caught it. Congrats, man. 

Three words to describe that opener: Ho. Lee. Shit! It was just swell to see that Cage provided color off the wrench shot even though he barely budged after he got hit with the damned thing. Got to love dumb ass Texano hitting Havoc in the fireman's helmet with the liquor bottle; reminded me of a football player brawl where one dude gets the brilliant idea that his punches will penetrate a football helmet. Quick twitch, bitch! Next time break the bottle on the ring apron and stab him in the gut. Also I feel like we haven't gotten enough of Havoc's backstory on the open road. Needs more Ron Pearlman as Dad of Havoc. I was kind of hoping the unique opportunity would be something much more esoteric like the opportunity to smoke highly nutritious meth with the ghost of Brother Nero. 

3 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Son of Havoc's dad would just be Havoc, dude.

Dad of Havoc still works as Son of Havoc's grandpa though. How badass does Havoc have to be that both his son and his dad take his name?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sammo~! said:

Dad of Havoc still works as Son of Havoc's grandpa though. How badass does Havoc have to be that both his son and his dad take his name?

Wait... no... it can't be! 

Santo.jpg

Yeah, no way Matt Cross has THAT kind of lineage

BTW, it's really weird to have a straight edge dude playing a biker

Right after reading that he's straight edge and before my eyes really had time to focus, I thought that was a pic of Havoc hanging with C.M. Punk. But hell, at this rate, we'll probably see this Jimmy Havoc character make his UFC debut before  CM Punk Ass MF.  

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:08 PM, Technico Support said:

She misunderstood when she overheard someone saying, "I don't care about how she wrestles, I'd rather see her box."

The greatest post in WC history was this same joke, made about Lacey Von Erich. Then the board owner lost his mind and the guy who posted it never posted there again. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tromatagon said:

yeah that place was pretty uptight.  Make one fucking joke about someone sucking dick to get the NWA title and everyone gets all mad

Wait? What did you say about Dan Severn? 

WC, where never an episode of RAW has been enjoyed by the majority of posters.

Is it the board owner over there that always has to correct Buffer's pronunciation of a fighter's name when writing up a UFC card?

"Ok, here's the main."