DVDVR Message Board

2016 LUCHA UNDERGROUND DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Does anyone know who's in the Black Lotus Triad? I have to ask here because I know better than to go to Spoiler City aka the LU wiki page.

Puma/Siniestro was fun. I liked the small touches to make Puma seem more angry. The Dario/Cortez segment was great also with both guys barely able to conceal their contempt for one another. Then Dario's delivery of "Life must go on, and the show must go on too" was chilling, especially after we found out he was going to get maimed by Pentagon.

The Triad folks are Noob Sailbot, Smoke & Ermac! JUST AS I CALLED ON DAY ONE! Okay, not really. But without giving anything away they are part of plenty new faces I'm just waiting to finally show up this season. It's hard to tell when they will actually appear though because they are airing things taped on so many different dates Cubsfan has steam coming out of his ears trying to keep track.

The WON this week had a HILARIOUS note on Melissa Santos. I could not stop laughing. I am just counting down until the inevitable moment she moves on to the movie industry or gets a WWE gig so people can start to really speak out about her. It's going to be ever so glorious. :D

LOL Yeah. Basically Cage cheated on his wife with her (which I think was common knowledge since they went public?) & then when they broke up she complained he cheated on her with his ex-wife.

Considering the stuff I've personally seen and heard about how self-absorbed & delusional she is, this isn't exactly shocking.

BTW LU in Canada is already on Season 2 Episode 3 (Wed @ 8pm) so at some point in the winter they'll be airing Season 3 the same time as El Rey. Possible if there's a break before Season 4 airs Canada could be matched up with El Rey starting next year which would be neat.

• Like 1

Everything about that story is true.  It's what I was talking about in another thread when I said there was a more interesting scandalous relationship than ADR and Paige.  I'm pretty sure they're back together again BTW 

This has been line gossip for so long

Puma vs Matanza was awesome. Those guys have great chemistry. Love watching the big strong dude toss around the smaller bouncing ball. That suplex into the frence and german suplex spot were both incredible. The run-in and sell of the spear were perfectly timed.

The LU women's division is god awful. Whether on their own or in poorly thought out intergender matches. Ivelisse/Mariposa was so slow and dull. I get what they were trying to do with that Cop Killa counter but fuck did they not come close to pulling it off.

Not really into this Cage/Texano deal yet. Cage works better against small guys. This match was better than their first but still seemed rushed. Striker pushing Texano being 250 pounds was humorous.

Poor Jack having to work Sexy Star next week.

Rabbits are coming?

Not necessarily true about Cage, as his match with Matanza was one of the better matches from season 2 and when he's in slugfests with other bigger guys he sometimes cuts out some of the cutesy shit he does.

Not surprisingly, Puma got one of the better Matanza matches so far. It seemed like a poor man's version of Mil/Puma from UL 1, which was a top 5 match in the company's brief history. This match did highlight how poor the booking for Matanza is, though. Puma got the same amount of offense as Havoc and Mack. LU used to be really good with guys wrestling at their rank, but that's gone completely out the window since Matanza's been champ.

Ivellise seems like she's lost a step since her ankle injury. She's slower and more unsure of herself with every move. Not that she would've been confused with Asuka or anything before her injury, but now she moves like Nattie. On the plus side, I am interested in Sami Callahan as her lowlife boyfriend. Sami/Marty could be fun.

Texano and Cage have terrible chemistry. I hope Cage sweeps so we don't have to see any more matches between them.

One of my favorite things about LU is wondering who's gonna show up to play the new characters. Now in addition to the Black Lotus Triad, we've got Killshot's 006 ghost from the past and the rabbits.

Awesome match from Puma/Matanza. As soon as it was announced, I knew Muertes would get involved in the end but still got sucked in to some of the near falls. Loved Puma's dead lift strength spot. Ivelisse/Mariposa didn't click as much but Ivelisse is still one of my favs.

• Like 1

Have to agree- Sexy is ok at best, but the rest of the women are good in LU.

Cage/Texano wasn't that good, and I like both of them, though Texano clicks a bit more with me character-wise- he seems less video gamey.  I could imagine Texano hanging with Arn in a way I couldn't with Cage.

I guess I understand why you'd feel the need to boycott because of the tapes.  But boycotting LU wouldn't mean much of anything to him considering all the other shit he's part of.  If anything that would just hurt those on LU and ones actively working on it behind the scenes.   There's other ways to get the point across without having to boycott LU.

21 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

Anyone else think we should boycott LU until Burnett releases the Apprentice tapes?

Why?

50 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Burnett isn't even really involved with the show (as per the EVW interview we did on our podcast).  I've seen him there ONCE.  

I think he trusts the people behind the scenes.  The more you trust the crew and the higher the quality of the product the less you need to be hands-on involved.

13 minutes ago, NickMD said:

Meh.  Does it change the mind of anyone voting or is this the newest SJW crusade?  Who are you in the group that took away Cartman's Internet Access?

You do realize you are just playing into the whole game regarding the election where one candidate looks like a complete jackass while the other one looks Presidential?  This is the same playbook as 2008 and 2012 with different actors playing the parts.

If hurting the people that have nothing to do with this Crusade turns you on go ahead.  The only people that get hurt are the ones working for LU who have no stake in the matter.  

Go ahead, get angry.  That is what the media wants you to do.

For me, this election should have been over with six months ago.  My biggest concern is when Clinton wins how do you repair the damage the media has caused by making you feel anger?  Will there be a healing Crusade?  Will the Trump voters continue to be filled with rage creating memes on a daily basis?  Then the left can create a new Crusade shaming the right further dividing the country?

Where has the middle ground gone?  It is just a burned out pile of ashes now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Meh.  Does it change the mind of anyone voting or is this the newest SJW crusade?  Who are you in the group that took away Cartman's Internet Access?

You do realize you are just playing into the whole game regarding the election where one candidate looks like a complete jackass while the other one looks Presidential?  This is the same playbook as 2008 and 2012 with different actors playing the parts.

Considering I personally know one of the people that Trump's harrassed and intimidated, it really isn't. This isn't some "SJW crusade" (And I hate people who say that more than those who complain about political correctness), this is a candidate with a history of sexual assault who brags about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

Considering I personally know one of the people that Trump's harrassed and intimidated, it really isn't. This isn't some "SJW crusade" (And I hate people who say that more than those who complain about political correctness), this is a candidate with a history of sexual assault who brags about it.

Yet this is now just becoming common knowledge?  This was not known about a year ago?  Two years ago?  Five years ago?  Why now?  Nobody thought of releasing this during the primaries?

This is the newest SJW Crusade.  As much as we all hate the term if it smells like a duck, looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck it is a duck.  

Back when I was working in commercial lending I had some loans hit my desk.  Anyone that ever dealt with him knows what he is like.

This is a long read but people should take the time to read it all.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/17/american-dream-divided-nation-equal-opportunity-trump-clinton-campaign

This is the last paragraph.  You are being played.

'Meanwhile, the Fantasy Industrial Complex is doing just fine this election season, thank you. Speaking at a Morgan Stanley investors’ conference in March, one of the commanders of the FIC, Leslie Moonves, the chief executive of CBS and a man whose 2015 compensation totaled $56.8m, had this to say about the Trump campaign. “It may not be good for America, but it’s damn good for CBS. The money’s rolling in and this is fun … this [is] going to be a very good year for us. Sorry. It’s a terrible thing to say. But bring it on, Donald. Keep going.”