DVDVR Message Board

2016 LUCHA UNDERGROUND DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So are the vignettes that air during the episodes not shown on the big screen or anything like that during the actual match tapings like they would during an episode of Raw and such?  I've kind of gotten the impression that whatever is shown in those always happens outside the commentators' area of awareness as it seems like they never acknowledge any of those developments.

I'd go so far to call Vampiro the third best color man in the business right now(behind Graves and myself clearly :P ). Like my man said, he is the ONLY thing that makes LU commentary listenable.  His inane babbling, asking Striker "yo man what are talkin' about" to just yelling "DAMN". I love what he brings.  Having  Michael Schiavello on Ultima Lucha last season really illustrated how poor the commentary is, because he was like next level in comparison.

On 7/24/2016 at 9:36 PM, Tromatagon said:

99% sure the answer is no because they're treating it as a reality sports competition show despite being scripted

So LU is in the same category as American Ninja Warrior and Spartan Race?  There's no kind of governing body or anything that can keep a production from classifying itself any way they feel like it?  Like if I made a sitcom, I could classify it as a reality show to avoid paying actors the union minimum?  The entertainment industry is bizarre. 

5 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Season 3 debuts September 7.

40 episodes.

Thank goodness. Won't give that blah ending to S2 any time to linger.

Also, let the record show I was at the front of the Killshot bandwagon.

What's more surprising with LU, that they let Sexy Star have the Gift of the Gods, or that the S3 premiere might involve Lorenzo Lamas springing El Jefe from jail?

3 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

You guys don't give me enough credit for my jail springing abilities

Me and Sixkiller fucked some shit up

Lamas was Reno,

Richmond played Sixkiller.

36 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I know.  I work with Sixkiller, not the guy WWE creative ripped off for Roman Reigns

Are you sure they didn't rip also off WCW and Reno Riggins?

• 2 weeks later...