DVDVR Message Board

2016 LUCHA UNDERGROUND DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Is the character Night Claw a Lucha Underground invention, or has that particular wrestler been seen in the Night Claw mask/gimmick in other promotions?

I get that this season might not have been as revered by some, but damn I'm looking forward to tonight.  Got the Mexican food and the tequila ready to go.  All that's left is the show.  Should be good times.

All of these Rio athletes pussying out of the Olympics because of Zika and then you've got Pentagon giving zero fucks drinking other dudes' blood.

Cool ending with Dario. As good of a cliffhanger as Mid-80s "Dallas".

Rey/Puma was phenomenal. Will watch that one again this weekend.

Rey vs Puma was just amazing. Match of the Year? Maybe? I dunno. I don't care. That is wrestling perfection to me. I was on the edge of my chair the entire match and super emotional afterwards. Rey can't go any more? Fuck anyone who says that. One of my favorite matches ever right here.

I also want to note in that opener Aero Star was absolutely off the charts changing the business with every move incredible. He has his off nights but when Aero Star is ON... he is CAN'T FUCKING MISS. Everything hit clean, everything with a super high difficulty level. That match was one of his best performances ever.

I loved the show. Washed the taste out of my mouth from last week's first 30 minutes. I wish I could say more but I'm completely exhausted. Maybe tomorrow.

Spoiler

By having Pentagon vs. Matanza mid-match, I felt like it telegraphed the ending. Monster getting defeated would've been show ending fare.

As for Mr. Don't call him Jr., and of course this is just commentary on the writing/producing and not the athlete, but if were really DARK, he wouldn't have wasted time cutting a babyface promo before the match.

If he really had No Fear, he wouldn't have been afraid to keep beating on Matanza with chairs and fists, and not went for Mrs. Foley's baby girl Lucille to finish the match.

As it was, going after Dario and getting beat like he did was barely half a step above a RAW run-in schoolboy finish.

Vamp wearing the thickest, most absorbing jacket he could find in all of Boyle Heights was a big clue he was getting hit with that bat later.

The opening sequence tying everything together from the season was awesome, really added to the big time PPV Feel. The season 2 beginning with Striker coming to pick up Vampiro remains one of my favorite bits of LU. Loved the trios tag, that was awesome stuff from everyone involved even though I kind of wanted the champs to retain. Matanza/Pentagon was okay but nothing too spectacular. Hate the ending with Vampiro getting destroyed again, felt like a step back to that feud and just makes me want him to come back for revenge all over again like last season. I am a huge fan of all things Master Vampiro though. Ivelisse/Taya was pretty good and I dig the ending to continue Ivelisse/Catrina which should be heated for season 3.

Puma/Rey was of course greatness. So many great spots, sequences and counters. Disappointed there was no big montage style ending like the end of season 1 and also that there was never a followup with whoever was coming with Lorenzo Lamas' character to end the season. But still a cool visual ending with Dario. Now to look forward to season 3 whenever that begins.

4 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

The opening sequence tying everything together from the season was awesome, really added to the big time PPV Feel. The season 2 beginning with Striker coming to pick up Vampiro remains one of my favorite bits of LU.

I'm just starting now, and what it showed me, as much as anything else, was how rushed this season was compared to season 1.

Edit: I love that lift up crucifix flip that the rudos did in the trios match, but it's so much cooler when Kraneo is doing it.

m85Zo3.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't know if it was a reaction to the finish or just the pizza I ate but I fell asleep after Pentagon/Matanza. Is this gonna replay next week or am I going with Cubs' aid on this one?

There's no repeats. It's gone from the schedule until whenever Season 3 turns up (though it's always on iTunes too.)

I was overall disappointed by the show overall.  The Trios match started hot with everyone working a Mexican Trios match while the ref was annoyed by lack of tags, but after the ref bump, it got ridiculous.

I would've been fine with the Azteca/Lotus non-finish leading into the Pentagon repackage... if he didn't lose the fucking match.  Boy, that was some boneheaded booking to not pull the trigger on that story, and instead drop Pentagon back into a fued with Vampiro, and it seems that the crowd wasn't thrilled with the finish either.

I'm ok with Rey winning because of how they handled the post match torch passing, but it wouldn't have killed them to put Puma over.

As good as Rey/Puma was, the Pentagon shit left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 1