DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/26/16

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing January 26, 2016 from Bethlehem, PA

*Show opens with Jeff Hardy coming to the ring to call out Matt Hardy for his actions last week. Matt comes out with new music along with Reby Sky & Tyrus. Matt cuts a heel a promo while Jeff is confused by his change. Matt declares that they are going their separate ways but Jeff wants a title shot tonight.

*Tigre Uno def. DJ Z & Mandrews to retain the X Division Title. After the match, Shane Helms came out and challenged Tigre to a title match next week.

*Grado, Drew Galloway, Eli Drake, & James Storm win the briefcases in the Feast or Fired Match which also included Bobby Roode, Aiden O'Shea, Robbie E, Eric Young, Bram, Jessie Godderz, Chris Melendez, & Rockstar Spud. The briefcases contain title shots for the World, Tag, and King of the Mountain titles along with one being the Fired case.

*Christy Hemme interviews Lashley about his upcoming match with Kurt Angle. Lashley says he respects Kurt but he has to beat him . A woman (Gabi from recent Tough Enough) came over and flirted with Lashley.

*The Wolves come to the ring and call out Crazzy Steve for stealing their tag team titles in the back. A woman in facepaint ("Demon Assassin" Courtney Rush) comes out and tells the Wolves a riddle. Crazzy Steve comes out with Abyss and a brawl starts leading to a match..

*The Wolves def. Abyss & Crazzy Steve via DQ after Courtney Rush came back out to distract the Wolves with the stolen tag titles. After the match, Abyss & Steve beat down the Wolves and celebrate with the titles then leave with them.

*Awesome Kong def. Velvet Sky. After the match, Madison Rayne tries to fight off Kong but gets beat down by the Dollhouse. Kong then gives Velvet a splash off the second rope.

*Lashley def. Aiden O'Shea. After the match, Gabi from Lashley's earlier segment returned and told Lashley that the next time she sees him, she can bring pain or pleasure.

*Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy for the World Title is about to start but Eric Young comes out and complains that he's the real #1 contender. Matt attacks Jeff and is joined by Young & Bram in the beatdown. Beer Money come out for the save followed by Abyss & Crazzy Steve attacking. Beer Money brawl with Abyss & Steve to the back. Kurt Angle comes out to confront Matt but Tyrus nails him from behind and Matt lays out Kurt with the world title. Matt & Tyrus head up the ramp while Jeff continues brawling with Young & Bram. Eric Young then gives Jeff Hardy the Piledriver off the apron through a table leading to Jeff being stretchered out.

I'm not going to defend TNA's booking of their World Title this week, but seeing Matt and Reby walk out from behind the big screen tonight followed a few steps behind by Tyrus carrying their son *almost* made up for it.

I'm hoping they discussed EC3 on commentary throughout the night because him not appearing in front of the crowd was a big letdown.  There were several chants for him and he was nowhere to be found.  I want to presume he's being held off to sell injuries from the Last Man Standing match and then he can return to reclaim what is rightfully his and emphasize the fact that he still has never been pinned.  

• Like 1

*Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy for the World Title is about to start but Eric Young comes out and complains that he's the real #1 contender. Matt attacks Jeff and is joined by Young & Bram in the beatdown. Beer Money come out for the save followed by Abyss & Crazzy Steve attacking. Beer Money brawl with Abyss & Steve to the back. Kurt Angle comes out to confront Matt but Tyrus nails him from behind and Matt lays out Kurt with the world title. Matt & Tyrus head up the ramp while Jeff continues brawling with Young & Bram. Eric Young then gives Jeff Hardy the Piledriver off the apron through a table leading to Jeff being stretchered out.

This is maybe the most confusing wrestling paragraph I've tried to understand, and I'm a guy who taped and watched every episode of WCW Nitro and Thunder through 2000.

• Like 1

This is maybe the most confusing wrestling paragraph I've tried to understand, and I'm a guy who taped and watched every episode of WCW Nitro and Thunder through 2000.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem and I'm on some pharmaceuticals. I seriously re-read this like three or four times and kept getting more and more confused.

And in typical TNA fashion - if you appeared on WWE programming (no matter what program it actually was) they will sign you.

The latest being if you were a female on Tough Enough

Oh and the best was Gabi is supposedly the only TE person to not get offered a contract because something came up in her background check that the WWE felt was a "red-flag"

Well given TNA problems with the basic concepts of Microsoft Outlook, if we wait a month from now they will tell us by accident  

I am just not sure EC3 as a babyface would actually work.   He is perfect as the douche pretty heel who is pampered.  

• 3 weeks later...

Everything about this Iconic Matt Hardy act is so great. Matt is so much better as a cocky asshole than a happy babyface. The Feast or Fired match itself was pretty bad - but Grado standing on Aiden to get his case was at least amusing. Loved this being a show with Sky on it, leading to Josh explaining that Velvet was fired last year. 

Crazy Steve and Abyss's new chick has a unique look and one of the best themes in the company thanks to Corgon getting a Marilyn Manson song for them. I did chuckle at Josh lamenting the loss of the old Steve - I bet he's been a fan of Crazzy Steve since he only had one Z in his name. But really, that whole Decay act is fantastic and feels like the most major league stable in a while. 

The Feast or Fired stuff was okay - the match was nothing, but the skits were amusing. Beer Money was hilarious, while Eli is at least going somewhere with the KOTM shot, Beer Money got the tag title match, Drew got the World title match, and Grado got fired. Poor guy - now he can leave a company that can't draw a dime and go main event in front of thousands of paying fans. Both JB and Josh were dicks to him though. At least Pope never liked him - so it was consistent.

It's such a shame to see TNA delivering a good show and actually coming off major league in a couple of ways - mainly the ShopTNA ads, the entrance setup, and the licensing of music now. If they can get back up to 500,000 viewers on Pop, I'd start pumping more money into the lighting again and make a pitch to be back on Spike.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/01/tna-impact-wrestling-1-26-16.html

Screens - 

The Iconic Era has begun

b74ada461676836.jpg 

4bd34f461676863.jpg 

a33263461676961.jpg 

Fashion Podcaster Josh Mathews

d0d080461677020.jpg 

d7824e461677082.jpg 

d681c4461677111.jpg

b1ac2e461681040.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0zj2vf60oll79q7ji9u1hf4005r5nmpo

Loved the presentation of the Abyss/Steve/Courtney pairing with Marilyn Manson's "The Nobodies" as their theme, that was awesome. Usually always dig licensing music for themes, love the Doll House theme as well. Big Money Matt is working great so far as a heel. The ending angle felt like a ton of stuff going on with good story advancement. Jeff being taken out, Angle confronting Matt, Abyss/Steve starting a fight with Beer Money in addition to the Wolves earlier. I like the growing tag division with Wolves/Beer Money on the table and now Abyss/Steve in the mix plus Young/Bram, Eli/Godderz, etc.

Courtney Rush looks like she's having a ball playing this new character. Can't wait to see her start mixing it up with the other Knockouts.

Poor Velvet. Kong flattened her lol

I love Reby's transformation from stay at home mom to ringside vixen lol

Crazzy Steve needs a new name. I mean, he has since day one, but now more than ever.

He did. He's "Crazy," one Z now. Whether or not that suggests he's more well adjusted, I don't know, you'd have to ask his case manager.

One of these days, the guy with the fired case, upon finding he has it (by process of elimination), needs to NOT OPEN IT. Then he runs around claiming he's not fired because he never opened the case. Can they PROVE he has the "fired" case? They didn't look inside! Management will try to stop him by trying to open the case and prove it. Meanwhile, said wrestler is somehow too dumb to just get rid of the case.

Should have done this with Grado, actually.

One of these days, the guy with the fired case, upon finding he has it (by process of elimination), needs to NOT OPEN IT. Then he runs around claiming he's not fired because he never opened the case. Can they PROVE he has the "fired" case? They didn't look inside! Management will try to stop him by trying to open the case and prove it. Meanwhile, said wrestler is somehow too dumb to just get rid of the case.

Should have done this with Grado, actually.

I thought and was hoping they were going to do that with Grado.
  • Like 1

Apparently TNA's ratings continue to rise. They're up to a 0.13 this week. It's like watching a new promotion starting out on EWR on a brand new network. Hey for their sake I hope it continues to go up.

Maybe I will give them a second change. I generally like crazy chicks and I like Crazzy Steve. I don't like Abyss though. So that might be a deal breaker.

Apparently TNA's ratings continue to rise. They're up to a 0.13 this week. It's like watching a new promotion starting out on EWR on a brand new network. Hey for their sake I hope it continues to go up.

Slight correction. That 0.13 is their rating in the P18-49 demo, not their whole household rating. About half of the show's audience is outside of the 18 to 49 demographic.