DVDVR Message Board

After I yelled at my daughter for staying up late secretly in her room I had to try to explain to her why the good guys were all "wimps" and I just couldn't.  i get what they are going for and I understand it and in a sense it is working at making Bryan a super face (not that he really needed the help).  But they are incredibly thin on babyfaces right now and at this point he only guy in the promotion who I would even think about cheering for as a fan is Bryan.  If Show knocks out HHH it will be lovely, but it will also probably feel like too little too late.

I liked Bryan v. Rollins parts but a lot of it really annoyed me and man do I hate top rope Germans as a rule.  Rollins crazy bump was great though.  And Orton v. Del Rio was good.

On the other hand RVD is fucking horrific.  Just awful in every respect.  And that divas match.  Ugh.  There were some awful, awful botches this week that were just hard to look past.  

My wife being in the room for the Heyman/Punk segment was something.  She wanted to know what the gay lovers quarrel was about and it was impossible to explain to her.  I thought it was a terrible, awful segment but I'm sure it will get love because people worship at the altar of Heyman.  And that's mine  For my taste I'll take Zeb's hatemonger promo every time.  

As a whole I thought the show was really bad

How the hell are they thin on babyfaces?  That's all they have right now who are credible.  The heels are the problem since hardly any of them have been protected except The Shield and Orton.  Guys like Del Rio are bums right now.  At least, since WWE has always been face centric, the fans at least take the faces somewhat seriously.

This is the fourth show (SummerSlam, Raw, Smackdown, and Raw) in a row that has ended with Bryan beaten down in the ring and the second Raw in a row where the whole roster stood on the ramp for no reason other than to cower to Triple H. They're making the whole roster look weak. Is that intentional? Big Show's iron-clad contract apparently means nothing now. I would like liked it if he at least ran down to fight the Shield (though the mark within me made me want him to punch H's smarmy face off).

Also, I'm usually not one to complain about the Triple H burying so-and-so and letting his ego run everywhere thing, but... The WWE championship is his property and he's letting Randy Orton hold it for him? Maybe they're intentionally bringing more smarky stuff into the stories?

I wish they'd just let Wyatt talk. They don't need the "creepy" music and distortion crap. The man is a gifted speaker and his promo was very good, but they overproduce it. Just let him talk and people will get behind it! Stop trying to tell everyone what to think.

AJ's promo was problematic. I wondered what the point of it was besides burying Total Divas. Maybe I just missed the point because the Bellas and Eva Marie WOULDN'T SHUT UP. They constantly screamed over the promo and made it all look like garbage.

Curtis Axel's facial expressions make me crazy. His angry face is like he smelled a fart. His posing with his arms out face makes me think he should be dressed as a viking. His smiling face makes me think Bushwacker. I just don't know. I want him to succeed, though. Heyman needs another couple of Paul Heyman Guys for his stable, regardless.

I wanted to see Bryan vs. Ambrose and Bryan vs. Reigns. Damn them for not starting the Bryan matches earlier!

Complain, complain, and more complaints, and so on.

No wonder Cena had been the man for 10 years. He Never Gives Up, the rest of the babyfaces are big pussies. Nice of the inept director to miss Bryan's big Kobayashi knee, too.People shit on the Russo era but I can't be the only one that gets the feeling they still have his scripts on file and just white out "Austin" and fill in the name of whatever new babyface they're trying to push.Last week it was banned from the arena, this week we had the old "destroy a car" gimmick. So what's next week? Interrupt a HHH promo by storming the arena in a Prius then attacking him with a bag of granola?

No offense to DB, but he can't fill that Austin role.

For anybody who complained that CM Punk didn't look legit against Lesnar, Bryan doesn't look like he could overcome the shield, HHH and Orton, but you know he will. I'm just... not buying it.

Oh where have you gone, Mr. Cena? Our nation turns its angry eyes to you.

Don't worry, Daniel Bryan has allotted several minutes in every promo he cuts now to suck up to John Cena.

D-Bry owes Cena for the parody talk.

That was an awesome few hours of professional wrestling. All of the Bryan stuff was great. So many awesome things have come out of this. HHH has been awesome as the evil overlord. Randy is such an amazing tool. I loved Randy being given an Escalade -- it totally felt like what some Enron trader would have done for his kid when he turned 16. The Shield are great henchmen. Brad Maddox is such a corporate weasel. And Daniel is the best everyman they've ever had.

So many other awesome things.The Punk/Heyman/Axel stuff was just epic and so incredibly violent compared to everything else of the past few years. It REALLY stood out as being just a horrific beating.AJ's promo was one of the best interviews anyone -- male, female -- has ever done. It definitely had a "pipe bomb" feel to it. But she absolutely hit it out of the park. She's as talented as anyone else on the roster on the stick and is also really capable in the ring -- re: her carry job of Bailey on NXT. Did the WWE intentionally have as bad a match as possible to set that up? I actually was starting to come around to the Bella's lately (they've done a lot of good heel CHECK HER! stuff) but that match was the absolute worst. Seeing AJ come out and deliver her promo while the Bellas and whatever the other girls' name is hem and haw as she was speaking (and screwing up the audio mix) said it all right there. AJ's a professional and they're total amateurs.

The Christian/Randy match was superb. I thought it was lacking a little something but two professionals told an awesome match. I hated Randy Orton just until a few months ago. It's been a REALLY long time since a heel turn or what have you woke a dude up. I loved that super dick shove off the top he did to Christian who was super willing to lose some future neck mobility.I already saw the Wyatt Family "Sister Abigail" promo and loved it since anything they do is flawless in my mind. They HAVE to do something with the announcers though in order to try and explain a little bit as to what they mean to the segment of the WWE Universe who didn't go to a Catholic liberal arts college.

Bryan/Rollins was amazing. Not much else needs to be said. I liked Rollins in-ring on FCW but didn't think he'd have a shot at being anything more than Justin Gabriel's Sometimes Tag Partner on the main roster. He's a hidden super-worker of sorts right now. Nothing but high-end matches and he's such a little piece of crap. I also love Reigns warning the referee over stuff. Reigns is really good at being that too-cool-for-school lunkhead.The HHH stuff at the end was great. It's all about building tension right now. The audience is going to absolutely EXPLODE when Show/Henry/Dolph get a chance to go after The Shield and even the score.

Even the more forgettable stuff -- RVD/ADR and Titus/Swagger -- had their moments.

Awesome two weeks.

• Like 1

Don't worry, Daniel Bryan has allotted several minutes in every promo he cuts now to suck up to John Cena.

I don't blame him. There's no one currently around that'll help him.

He shouldn't have spent the last year being a dick to everyone because he had an inferiority complex about being the "weak link." :D

Both Punk and Bryan got strung up on the cross tonight. Three guesses which revenge will come out better.

Why the Punk revenge of course. The Bryan one just comes across like Kofi/Orton 2.0.
I will defend that Kofi-Orton match from MSG with the boom drop on the soundboard. But after that... Yeah.Major props to Heyman for working up tears in the backstage promo.

After I yelled at my daughter for staying up late secretly in her room I had to try to explain to her why the good guys were all "wimps" and I just couldn't.  i get what they are going for and I understand it and in a sense it is working at making Bryan a super face (not that he really needed the help).  But they are incredibly thin on babyfaces right now and at this point he only guy in the promotion who I would even think about cheering for as a fan is Bryan.  If Show knocks out HHH it will be lovely, but it will also probably feel like too little too late.

I liked Bryan v. Rollins parts but a lot of it really annoyed me and man do I hate top rope Germans as a rule.  Rollins crazy bump was great though.  And Orton v. Del Rio was good.

On the other hand RVD is fucking horrific.  Just awful in every respect.  And that divas match.  Ugh.  There were some awful, awful botches this week that were just hard to look past.  

My wife being in the room for the Heyman/Punk segment was something.  She wanted to know what the gay lovers quarrel was about and it was impossible to explain to her.  I thought it was a terrible, awful segment but I'm sure it will get love because people worship at the altar of Heyman.  And that's mine  For my taste I'll take Zeb's hatemonger promo every time.  

As a whole I thought the show was really bad

How the hell are they thin on babyfaces?  That's all they have right now who are credible.  The heels are the problem since hardly any of them have been protected except The Shield and Orton.  Guys like Del Rio are bums right now.  At least, since WWE has always been face centric, the fans at least take the faces somewhat seriously.

They had six guys who would reasonably be top of the line babyfaces a month ago - Bryan, Kane, Punk, Cena, Sheamus and Orton.  Kane was abducted by the Wyatt's and is presumably turning heel, Sheamus and Cena are out with injuries, Orton just turned heel "ace."  Of the guys who have been added in you have Ziggler who has shown no real babyface ability and who has done nothing as a babyface of note and Henry and Show who are tagging up.  I agree that they are weak on heels too but Del Rio is a whole hell of a lot more credible to me as a main event guy than Ziggler for example and there are guys on the heel side who I could at least theoretically see being elevated with smart booking.  Who is going to emerge on the face side?  That turd Cody Rhodes?

• Like 1

I don't blame him. There's no one currently around that'll help him.

He shouldn't have spent the last year being a dick to everyone because he had an inferiority complex about being the "weak link." :D

Or maybe the faces should actually have a backbone. I mean, they had the balls to do a walkout on HHH because they're scared of THE MIZ and R-TRUTH...but this petrifies them?

• Like 3

Pretty good show.  They kinda neutered the roster again but it's all about Daniel Bryan being the one dude that doesn't give a fuck.  Big Show and Mark Henry will be fine.  The rest of them were nothing to begin with anyway.  Plus they've had reasons why CM Punk isn't anywhere to be seen.  The pop when he finally gets involved will be huge.

Exactly. You don't give the audience what they want right away. They are building it up so when Show and Dolph 'n' co. finally do snap it will be a big moment.

It's like they went back to last week's episode, listened to the criticism and gave it another shot. This was executed so much better. They built up the tension on the ramp, they had Trips gloat in front of them, daring them to do something, and Orton get his last lick in. Shield gets the last laugh but Bryan also looks good, getting a mini-Austin moment with the Escalade and beating the Shield. Rollins' bump into Cole was fucking great!

That Heyman/Punk segment was great. Paul E. has more psychology in how he works the ramp and facial expressions than the majority of the roster has in the ring telling a story. He's just too good. Punk looked great and he got his "MAKE IT GOOD" Dusty moment in there too. That was superb.

Del Rio and Christian was okay as well. Really good show.

• Like 1

No wonder Cena had been the man for 10 years. He Never Gives Up, the rest of the babyfaces are big pussies. Nice of the inept director to miss Bryan's big Kobayashi knee, too.

People shit on the Russo era but I can't be the only one that gets the feeling they still have his scripts on file and just white out "Austin" and fill in the name of whatever new babyface they're trying to push.

Last week it was banned from the arena, this week we had the old "destroy a car" gimmick. So what's next week? Interrupt a HHH promo by storming the arena in a Prius then attacking him with a bag of granola?

No offense to DB, but he can't fill that Austin role.

For anybody who complained that CM Punk didn't look legit against Lesnar, Bryan doesn't look like he could overcome the shield, HHH and Orton, but you know he will. I'm just... not buying it.

He's buying time for Goku Cena's spaceship to arrive so he can take care of the Ginyu Force The Shield, Freiza Randy Orton, and King Cold HHH. You'll see it will all make sense eventually.

This show gave me an sense that there's going to be a build to a team HHH (probably Orton and Shield) vs Danielson, Christian, and Show/Henry for Survivor Series. 

Close, but I think it'll be Dolph with Bryan, Show, and Henry. There's a reason he was crushed by the Shield last week. And why he was given a chance to not speak tonight.

Know what's a good way to get over Daniel Bryan's new finisher? Let's not show it!!!

• Like 1

It'd be great if Dolph ended saying fuck it and helped DB.  Tonight, he'd have gotten a huge fucking reaction and gained some great momentum going forward.  Of course, he'd be fired so they'd need something to cover him.

Some of you are forgetting that Bryan is supposed to be an underdog.  Him getting beaten up two weeks in a row is ok.  If it happens again and again and again, then there's a problem.  However, right now he is fine.  Did you hear his reaction tonight?

BTW, why do wrestlers feel like they have to paint over someone's car to get revenge?  Why the hell don't they just act like men and take a baseball bat to the damn thing, like an ordinary person would do?

• Like 1