DVDVR Message Board

First hour had a lot of good stuff between some stuff that dragged. Punk-Axel's post-match was straight out of Tully-Magnum - I loved every second of it. Second hour was really good thanks to AJ's promo burying the chicks on Total Divas and going really far with the PG parameters to insult folks. Great main event with Bryan and Rollins. Shame Show didn't do anything since the crowd was hot for it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/08/raw-8-26-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/810w8hmdhadsbwvmz47p52dp0bi9pu9x

Shame Show didn't do anything since the crowd was hot for it.

Reminded me when the fans chanted Austin, while Foley was getting his ass kicked by DX. Also, that they might have pushed the wrong guy. 

I don't get really into things much these days but I really wanted Big Show to fucking say enough is enough.  I was getting pissed and he should've decked them and said fuck it, I'm the Big Show.  That crowd was nuts for DB and that German Superplex came at just the right time.  Also, Triple H is coming across like a MAJOR dick and I love it.  He better get what's coming to him sometime down the road and it better be at the hands of Bryan.

Why are they still not pushing Darren Young as a singles guy? 

No wonder Cena had been the man for 10 years. He Never Gives Up, the rest of the babyfaces are big pussies. Nice of the inept director to miss Bryan's big Kobayashi knee, too.

People shit on the Russo era but I can't be the only one that gets the feeling they still have his scripts on file and just white out "Austin" and fill in the name of whatever new babyface they're trying to push.

Last week it was banned from the arena, this week we had the old "destroy a car" gimmick. So what's next week? Interrupt a HHH promo by storming the arena in a Prius then attacking him with a bag of granola?

"See this WWE championship belt?  I consider it my personal property.  Randy Orton just carries it for me." -HHH

The entire roster looked like pussies.  The Shield looked like pussies since Daniel Bryan just about beat them all singlehandedly, and Bryan looked like an idiot again.  Great stuff tonight.

• Like 1

Pretty good show.  They kinda neutered the roster again but it's all about Daniel Bryan being the one dude that doesn't give a fuck.  Big Show and Mark Henry will be fine.  The rest of them were nothing to begin with anyway.  Plus they've had reasons why CM Punk isn't anywhere to be seen.  The pop when he finally gets involved will be huge.

I know this is going to be internet nitpicking but when Triple H says that the WWE title is his property and Randy is holding that he is making himself the champion

I really wish they would stop with the "new face" gimmick. You can't be a champion 7 fucking times and be "new" in anything

It will be interesting to see how they handle the AJ vs Total Divas thing. I hope it doesn't involve only attacking Nattie and the Funkadactyls. 

Show is probably in the best shape I've ever seen him in, unless he's wearing a girdle. Damn!

AJ cut a money promo that made all the Bellas' attempt to wash it out glaringly childish.

Both Punk and Bryan got strung up on the cross tonight. Three guesses which revenge will come out better.

I know this is going to be internet nitpicking but when Triple H says that the WWE title is his property and Randy is holding that he is making himself the champion

I really wish they would stop with the "new face" gimmick. You can't be a champion 7 fucking times and be "new" in anything

It will be interesting to see how they handle the AJ vs Total Divas thing. I hope it doesn't involve only attacking Nattie and the Funkadactyls. 

Yeah but he hasn't really been the face of the company in forever.  Cena's been the face of the company and he's gone.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, AJ's "pipe bomb" moment.

We may have argued over who was actually the face when AJ feuded with that obnoxious Kaitlyn but after tonight she's definitely someone you want to cheer for. What a glorious 5 minute takedown of the idiocy that is Total Divas. Plus, how can you not love a girl who wears Chuck Taylors?

After I yelled at my daughter for staying up late secretly in her room I had to try to explain to her why the good guys were all "wimps" and I just couldn't.  i get what they are going for and I understand it and in a sense it is working at making Bryan a super face (not that he really needed the help).  But they are incredibly thin on babyfaces right now and at this point he only guy in the promotion who I would even think about cheering for as a fan is Bryan.  If Show knocks out HHH it will be lovely, but it will also probably feel like too little too late.

I liked Bryan v. Rollins parts but a lot of it really annoyed me and man do I hate top rope Germans as a rule.  Rollins crazy bump was great though.  And Orton v. Del Rio was good.

On the other hand RVD is fucking horrific.  Just awful in every respect.  And that divas match.  Ugh.  There were some awful, awful botches this week that were just hard to look past.  

My wife being in the room for the Heyman/Punk segment was something.  She wanted to know what the gay lovers quarrel was about and it was impossible to explain to her.  I thought it was a terrible, awful segment but I'm sure it will get love because people worship at the altar of Heyman.  And that's mine  For my taste I'll take Zeb's hatemonger promo every time.  

As a whole I thought the show was really bad

• Like 1

I don't get really into things much these days but I really wanted Big Show to fucking say enough is enough.  I was getting pissed and he should've decked them and said fuck it, I'm the Big Show.  That crowd was nuts for DB and that German Superplex came at just the right time.  Also, Triple H is coming across like a MAJOR dick and I love it.  He better get what's coming to him sometime down the road and it better be at the hands of Bryan.

Why are they still not pushing Darren Young as a singles guy? 

The more we watch this angle, the more this Austin vs Triple H rumored WM match seems unfortunately likely because Bryan is not going to get his revenge on Triple H.  Maybe Orton but even that I am not sure about.