DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/19/16

"a HAMMER!!!.......in a DIAPER BAG!!!"

The double turn seems weird and to go against what both guys are best at, especially EC3 but it might work out. I know Matt can be a solid heel and EC3 showed some fire towards the end of the match. Josh Mathews quick to completely hate Matt at the first heelish act was amusing. Dug the Angle/Lashley segment setting up their match, I imagine Lashley will be heading for a heel turn in a few months. Really liked their matches last year so it should be another good one.

It's a shame that Impact is now the old "if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, did it fall", because this was a pretty good show. They had a clear focus on the World title, but still gave every other major act a chance to shine. Beer Money vs. Eli/Godderz was fun, while Kong vs. Gail was their closest-thing-to-good match they've had since Kong came back. I loved Gail turning the Rings of Saturn into a crucifix. Finish with HALF A DOZEN OTHER PEOPLE was a tad too much though.

Mike the motherfucking Miracle is doomed. He comes into TNA with shittier gear than he had in ROH and no tan, and other than a Rainmaker punch, did nothing that you wouldn't see a WWE mid-carder do. It was pretty obvious that Maria was the star of the duo in ROH for cosmetic reasons, but even without that as a crutch in TNA, she actually feels like a star, while he feels like a lower mid-card guy they're trying to elevate and just won't make it. Maybe he'll grow into this like EC3 did, but EC3 had far more star power the second that gimmick debuted than Bennett has.

The World title match itself was a very good hardcore match that didn't really use too much weaponry - just a few things used smartly. Matt debuted an off the apron Twist, and revived the chair-assisted Twist. That was one of the many things that smartly set up the heel turn since he only used that as a heel. Tyrus's turn on EC3 was set up in October, and like everything else here, finally paid off here when it logically would have after everything got finished up with the post-aired BFG tapngs.

Even the opener with Tyrus taking out Jeff played into all this perfectly since it showed that Matt is willing to even take out his own brother to win the World Title. Hopefully, they've re-signed Matt for a while - because I see him succeeding more in TNA than he could in WWE, while Jeff has at least an MITB win and cash-in in him in WWE. Matt cut a great heel promo too, and him talking about living a lavish life with a hot wife who has clearly had a few too much lip work done adds to this whole gimmick too. 

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/01/tna-impact-wrestling-1-19-16.html

Screens - 

TNA is at least trying to make a $100 budget look like $1,000

dc3742460329776.jpg  

a4e2db460329810.jpg 

a7ff99460329858.jpg

43b816460329738.jpg 

46c09c460329692.jpg 

e55f5d460329682.jpg 

807d4a460329575.jpg 

1513e1460329522.jpg

93672b460329517.jpg  

d3784b460330015.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/acfhub9680ggtjrutcxzt2642yepv2g5

• Like 2

Matt's post-show Twitter rant was the best TNA related thing, in years.

Greatness! Looks like the #BigMoneyMatt era is going to be awesome already

Laughed at this one: "9) I am the only option for Number ONE in the 2016 #PWI500"

Angle's last opponent being Lashley is a smart thing. I saw both of the previous Angle/Lashley matches and they were really good. Hopefully these guys are given 30 minutes to do their thing in the ring and there is no TNA tomfoolery for Angle's last match.

The double turn was nicely done, but its sucks because it puts EC3 in a role where he doesn't excel and can't live up to his true potential. There are guys who should never turn and EC3 is one of those people. I have a feeling I am going to have a real problem with Matt Hardy's wife. I have been able to avoid her work for years, but all good things must come to an end.

Kong's weave looks terrible and I have no interest in a 2016 Kong moving at half-speed, a stale Gail Kim, and 5 women who are terrible workers. TNA should realize that the company has no obligation to keep a KO title/division around and its okay to send people papers. It still amazes me that TNA, years ago, was having a REAL revolution, but they pissed it all away to be more like The Divas and now The Divas are trying to be a little more like NXT...you know...what TNA was YEARS ago.

I am glad Raquel is going to be on my TNA and I am just disappointed that TNA didn't give her a nice Brazilian first and last name. KOs going by one name only isn't as bad as it use to be, but I would like to see that element removed for some time as it makes the KOs come off more as "Candy" from the strip club instead of "Cher" the superstar.

The new Beer Money commercial is cheesy and not a Phantasio kind of cheesy.