DVDVR Message Board

TNA IMPACT TAPINGS - For 1/12/16

I am assuming this is just partial

*Eddie Edwards pinned Davey Richards.

*Mahabali Shera defeated Jesse Godderz.

*Eli Drake defeated Robbie E.

*X-Division champion Tigre Uno defeated Rockstar Spud.

I am assuming this is just partial

*Eddie Edwards pinned Davey Richards.

*Mahabali Shera defeated Jesse Godderz.

*Eli Drake defeated Robbie E.

*X-Division champion Tigre Uno defeated Rockstar Spud.

I believe those were taped for Xplosion, except for the Wolves match which was taped for a future One Night Only PPV, apparently.

Ooh I hope the Davey-Eddie rolling superplex spot happens. That needs more exposure. Maybe they've added even more of the awesome to it.

I'd like to see them keep suplexing each other across the ring and up the facing turnbuckle.

I'd also like to see someone attempt a stackplex into a reverse hurracanrana/superplex combo, but only after I've established nobody died in the attempt.

• Like 1

*Taped for Xplosion: Mike Bennett (w/ Maria) def. Mandrews

*Taped for Xplosion: Rockstar Spud & Grado def. Aiden O'Shea & Mahabali Shera when Spud pinned O'Shea after the Underdog, following Shera & O'Shea not getting along.

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing January 12, 2016 from Bethlehem, PA

*Show opens with new TNA Worlds Heavyweight Champion Ethan Carter III coming to the ring with Tyrus for a promo. Jeff Hardy interrupts and gives props to EC3 on winning clean but he wants a title shot now that he's been cleared to wrestle. EC3 turns him down and says Jeff has to start at the bottom. EC3 brings out masked wrestler Shynron to face Jeff..

*Jeff Hardy def. Shynron

*The Dollhouse (Awesome Kong & Jade) def. The Beautiful People (Madison Rayne & Velvet Sky) in a Street Fight

*James Storm & Bobby Roode have a Beer Money reunion celebration until Bram and Eric Young interrupts leading to a match..

*Eric Young def. Bobby Roode after a low blow to win the King of the Mountain Championship

*Mr. Anderson hosts a talk show segment with Matt Hardy who is with his wife Reby and their son. Matt said that he has an offer that EC3 can't refuse and he will not rest until he beats EC3.

*Tigre Uno & The Wolves def. Eli Drake, Jessie Godderz, & DJ Z

*Kurt Angle def. Drew Galloway

*Matt Hardy and EC3 set up the rematch for next week with the stipulation that if Matt loses, he will leave TNA. Title vs. Career Last Man Standing Match.

Shynron is the guy who did the double-rotation moonsault and landed on his face, right?

The idea of him wrestling Jeff Hardy is perversely intriguing.

Also, I assume Matt isn't going to beat Ethan, so which of Matt's alter-egos is he going to return as?

Shynron is the guy who did the double-rotation moonsault and landed on his face, right?

The idea of him wrestling Jeff Hardy is perversely intriguing.

Also, I assume Matt isn't going to beat Ethan, so which of Matt's alter-egos is he going to return as?

BIG FOOT

Oh, and after reading THOSE results, any TNA supporter should feel like Tanahashi ...

The Rockstar Spud tag was taped with an Xplosion background and likely will not air on Impact.

DJ Z turned on Jesse in their tag match.

The Anderson talk show segment was called Huh? and was a clear attempt to start their own What chants. In fact he explained to the crowd that every time he said Huh he wanted them to yell Huh back at him. I don't watch TNA so I don't know if this has been part of his gimmick but it came across poorly. It was not a good segment.

At one point during their segment, Jeff Hardy presented EC3 with a piece of paper which turned out to be his Dr's clearance to wrestle.

It is hard not to root for Kurt Angle. He came across as a genuine guy and made sure he shook hands with everybody around the rails and stopped to ensure he particularly got to every kid that wanted a high five. Jeff Hardy was he same way. For Kurt, as he reached the top of the ramp following his match he looked off to the side at someone not visible and just looked like he had this huge combination of smile and sigh of relief. I like Kurt. I consider him one of my all time favorites and part of me would love to see him get a last run with WWE, but I couldn't help watching his match worried that each bump could be his last. It's not that he looked bad but it was always in the back of my mind.

Ooh I hope the Davey-Eddie rolling superplex spot happens. That needs more exposure. Maybe they've added even more of the awesome to it.

I'd like to see them keep suplexing each other across the ring and up the facing turnbuckle.

I'd also like to see someone attempt a stackplex into a reverse hurracanrana/superplex combo, but only after I've established nobody died in the attempt.

MY BRAIN A'SPLODE

The Anderson talk show segment was called Huh? and was a clear attempt to start their own What chants. In fact he explained to the crowd that every time he said Huh he wanted them to yell Huh back at him. I don't watch TNA so I don't know if this has been part of his gimmick but it came across poorly. It was not a good segment.

It's new for Anderson, but Shaun Ricker (Eli Drake) used to do that same "Huh?" deal on the indies. I'm guessing that's where they got the idea from.

*The Dollhouse (Awesome Kong & Jade) def. The Beautiful People (Madison Rayne & Velvet Sky) in a Street Fight

This should be good.

Um... based on what, exactly?

A tag brawl is perfect to hide Kong and Sky's weaknesses while Jade and Rayne can both still go.

I thought Jeff was pretty badly injured and wouldn't be wrestling for a while?

He said he's going to try wrestling with a big knee brace and see how it goes, maybe toning down his style as well, before deciding to have surgery that will keep him out for most of the year.