DVDVR Message Board

2016 Yes/No Joshi & other promotions

GOTNW

STARDOM, Sendai Girls, Oz Academy, K-DOJO, Michinoku-Pro, whatever sleazy indy promotions HASEGAWA is working etc. all go here

STARDOM

Io Shirai vs Kairi Hojo (1/17) || 2 yes || 0 no ||  = 2

K-DOJO

Hiro Tonai vs. Kyu Mogami (2/25) || 1 yes || 0 no ||  = 1

• 4 weeks later...

First nomination, isn't this exciting.

NOMINATION - Io Shirai vs. Kairi Hojo in Stardom on 1/17/16 - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k7D9x2bnfIDOPmf5M2S

In the past when these two battled, it generally felt like something was off. Here though I thought that they synced up really well, it was a perfectly paced and well executed match which is not easy when going almost 30 minutes. Some of the moves were just brutal (in a good way) as they were really laying it into each other, I have no idea how they manage to go this hard as often as they do without literally breaking. Hojo going for the moonsault was a callback to Shirai starting to use the Elbow Drop, which temporarily was her undoing and allowed Shirai to get back in control. Everything was on point, it is only the first month but this is the best Joshi match of the year so far and will likely stay in the Top 5 for the year. Not perfect, there is some blowing off of some bigger moves faster than I'd prefer, but a must see match.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...