DVDVR Message Board

Your 2016 INTERNET MATCH OF THE YEAR thread!

DEAN

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3kru6i_tomohiro-ishii-vs-katsuyori-shibata-wk10_sport

Fuck, this is just harrowing. I love the Tribute to Tenryu bit that Ishii throws in (straight chop to the throat followed by Stuff Powerbomb) more than anything. Also the Ode to Kawada consecutive no-sells into final collapse, which they take into near parody level. But it worries me... if they're gonna do another match like this, someone's gonna get hurt. Real, real bad.

• Like 3

And we have a winner already! Nobody is gonna top that! Those sounds....I hope it's not the english commentary version though. The japanese one was awesome, the laughed because of the stiffness of that match because they couldn't believe that the wrestlers could even walk after some of it.

• Like 1

DDT's comedy midcard stuff is very hit or miss, but their main events have been super fun lately and this one was no exception:

KO-D Openweight Championship: Isami Kodaka © vs. Konosuke Takeshita (DDT 01/03/2016)

This Six Man Tag was fun, too:

Shuten Doji (Kota Umeda, Masa Takanashi & Yukio Sakaguchi) vs. Smile Squash (Akito, HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano) (DDT 01/03/2016)

Yeah it's the English version, couldn't find the Japanese. Poor Yoshi mumbling and stumbling the whole time. Of course the English guys (Mathews right? and somebody else) don't help at all. Too bad you can't mute them and just hear the brutality.

Announcing isn't that bad.  This was stiff as fuck.  4:45 is fucking preposterous. As is 7:26.

Yeah it's the English version, couldn't find the Japanese. Poor Yoshi mumbling and stumbling the whole time. Of course the English guys (Mathews right? and somebody else) don't help at all. Too bad you can't mute them and just hear the brutality.

Announcing isn't that bad.  This was stiff as fuck.  4:45 is fucking preposterous. As is 7:26.

My point was that the japanese announcing makes the match even better.

And it was Kevin Kelly, Matt Striker and Yoshitatsu announcing, McGirt.

My point was that the japanese announcing makes the match even better.

And it was Kevin Kelly, Matt Striker and Yoshitatsu announcing, McGirt.

MAtt Stryker and Kevin Kelly sound exactly alike.  I didn't realize there was a third guy until halfway through.

Couple things about that: 

- Really good handheld, wow

- Love the pro-Lesnar kids even though they might be your ROH chanters down the road

- Sheamus getting treated like the piece of meat he treats his opponents as typically was nice to see

- Goddamn, Lesnar will bleed off anything. But then again it is Sheamus kicking you in the face

(Z put this in the wrong thread.)

Another match that should be to Dean's liking:

Daisuke Sekimoto & Kohei Sato vs. Yuji Okabayashi & Ryouji Sai (Zero1 01/01/2016)

Too bad the BJPW/DDT/K-Dojo show from New Year's Day isn't available in better quality. It looks super fun on paper, but the version that's online is almost unwatchable.

You should check out the Hideki Suzuki vs Masato Tanaka match that's up on rutube too. Good stuff.

Does anyone know if the Hino vs Soya W1 title match is online anyplace?

EDIT: God damn, that 6 man tag with Suwama where Kikuta gets ragdolled is fantastic. Hashes vs Maruyama/Sanada is decent too.