DVDVR Message Board

Your 2016 INTERNET MATCH OF THE YEAR thread!

DEAN

On 10/20/2016 at 9:00 AM, RIPPA said:

If you haven't started watching NWA Smoky Mountain by now - I don't know what to tell you.

Jason Kinkaid!  APPALACHIAN NINJA~!

i love Yano, but the Briscoes really should bring Kinkaid into the Sandy Fork family for six man tags.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

Katsuyori Shibata vs Go Shiozaki NOAH 10/23/16

Man, oh man. 

It makes total sense for NJ to send their King Dick Spoiler Shibata-san in to piss all over NOAH (since Kanemoto is semi-retired now, he's clearly taken the crown). It also means that all the Fighting Spirit strike exchange crap that infests some puro makes sense here because NOAH stalwart Go is fighting for the honor of the company he's stuck with so long and won't back down for anything. The faces these guys make as they pummel each other is worth the watch alone. Shibata gets in a few superfluous holds like the Figure Four and the Cobra Twist-into-Octopus Hold just so they can grimace and gawk for the cameras. What's most important though is that both take a manly beating at the hands and feet of the other. There's a receipt for Go's flying kick over the rail that has his nose drizzling blood, and Go's Son of Kobashi routine means Shibata's chest is steak tartare by the end of the match. At the end 

Spoiler

Shibata ascends the turnbuckles while Go is held back by the ref and the seconds, and then sits crosslegged, arms folded in the ring like an emperor planting his flag on someone else's turf. His bows to the crowd after are so disingenuous... what a colossal dick, and what a great pro wrestler. 

Shibata is my homeboy for March Madness next year and this should be a feud all the time. 

• Like 1

The final night of the Big Japan tag league was great fun, if you're pressed for time then just watch the Strong BJ vs Twin Towers opener - which is the first semi final - and the main event final. I recommend the whole show though, as you'll get to see Shinobu bouncing off SMOP and Abdullah, clean cut Kazuki Hashimoto (still weirding me out a bit) laying into folk, Nomura and my boy Uto teaming with/trying to impress their big brother Hideki Suzuki. The 8 man tag can be skipped, but it's short enough not to grate really.

You know where to find the show.

• Like 1

On 8.11.2016 at 3:57 AM, Lazlo Woodbine said:

The final night of the Big Japan tag league was great fun, if you're pressed for time then just watch the Strong BJ vs Twin Towers opener - which is the first semi final - and the main event final. I recommend the whole show though, as you'll get to see Shinobu bouncing off SMOP and Abdullah, clean cut Kazuki Hashimoto (still weirding me out a bit) laying into folk, Nomura and my boy Uto teaming with/trying to impress their big brother Hideki Suzuki. The 8 man tag can be skipped, but it's short enough not to grate really.

You know where to find the show.

Good god, I just watched that show. It's good they still have a deathmatch on the show, you really need something light inbetween all the violence.

• Like 3