DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

NXT is a WWE property? Well, shit, you don't say.

People pretend like it isn't. That's like thinking Raw and Smackdown were actual separate companies. Boils down to them not wanting to admit they like something WWE is doing because if you're talking about wrestling online, you're supposed to hate WWE or some dumb shit. Very Wreddit behavior.

I think you might be reading into posts a little too much if you seriously think people (around here, anyway) believe NXT is a separate promotion from WWE. I've literally never seen one post, on here, on Reddit or elsewhere, where someone claims that NXT isn't a WWE property.

Strawman.  People may look at NXT and wish that the WWE was *booked* in the same fashion, but I've yet to read (on this board, anyway*) any posts indicating that they believe the company itself is some autonomous unit free from the WWE machine proper.

*does not apply to the wilds of Reddit

I still remember the origins of Krone Metzler.  He posted like a 2 week old story on here about Randy Orton being injured(surprise surprise) and when he was politely informed that it was old news, the poor kid flipped.

Meanwhile Kent Jones was just a bizarre hillbilly mark/troll.  I remember his youtube videos devolved into his being naked and watching out for his mom coming home.

Holy shit. What a magnificent, lispy bastard.

"…but let me tell you the story of another loser. It was at a college a lot like Faber. This kid was a real wimp, and everyone teased him constantly. And when they got tired of teasing him they just ignored him. But that kid hung in there and he grew and he developed. And today that wimp…today that wimp is King Olav IV, monarch of Norway!"

- Otter/RAF

• Like 2

Surprising they went this way, considering that Nakamura is still working until the end of the month and they could have had a regular title change.

A change that the fans knew would happen. They still kayefabe in Japan in many cases. New Japan especially.

It's true that everyone would know the outcome of the match beforehand, but I still think having a regular title change is better than vacating. Vacating a title should always be the last resort in my opinion.