DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

INakamura entering The Rumble as The Authority's hired gun just makes so much sense. H looks so unassuming from a physical looking standpoint so no one will expect him to dominate Reigns. Playing him as a mercenary that wins the Rumble and then plays tweener champ by ignoring the Authority title would be amazing ... and thus will never happen

Is this how people are coping? There's always these fantasy scenarios when a good worker sells out but how can you remotely entertain anything remotely like this to happen?

Mark.

• Like 1

wwe.com

http://www.wwe.com/inside/10-biggest-signings-in-wwe-history

Unconfirmed rumors have been running rampant that Shinsuke Nakamura and The Bullet Club are in negotiations with WWE, and a series of cryptic tweets to and by the New Japan standouts have only served to stoke the flames. The office of WWE COO Triple H has been mum on the issue, and anyone who might have a line on the international stars’ plans isn’t talking. If the four rumored signees — Nakamura, AJ Styles, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson —domake their way to WWE, they’ll immediately become part of a long tradition of marquee signings by the Titan Tower talent team. Here are ten that previously set the sports-entertainment world ablaze.

Damn how did Krone Meltzer vs. Kent Jones not win the WON Feud Of The Year in '06...

Oh god..Kent Jones. There's a blast from the past. Wasn't his shtick that he was a big TNA defender or something? I have a feeling Krone Metzler/Meltzer probably ended up dying in a funny way. 

wwe.com

http://www.wwe.com/inside/10-biggest-signings-in-wwe-history

Unconfirmed rumors have been running rampant that Shinsuke Nakamura and The Bullet Club are in negotiations with WWE, and a series of cryptic tweets to and by the New Japan standouts have only served to stoke the flames. The office of WWE COO Triple H has been mum on the issue, and anyone who might have a line on the international stars’ plans isn’t talking. If the four rumored signees — Nakamura, AJ Styles, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson —domake their way to WWE, they’ll immediately become part of a long tradition of marquee signings by the Titan Tower talent team. Here are ten that previously set the sports-entertainment world ablaze.

It's still sureal how WWE proper is Aknowledging these free agants, Its one thing for NXT to recognize the talent and  apart of the Universe out side of WWE but   WWE is a different story. Its kinda like when Punk was name dropping Gallows and Cabana and Ring of Honor and New Japan  during the Sumnmer of Punk and the followed up on none of it  which is another reason the angle flopped.I wonder if the guys they do lock in will work both NXT and WWE initially.

C'mon, you know exactly what he means when he says he wonders if they'll work NXT and WWE. 

That's not what I took issue with. 

Its one thing for NXT to recognize the talent and  apart of the Universe out side of WWE but   WWE is a different story.

This is what I take issue with. That makes no sense to me. 

NXT references stuff outside of the "Universe" that WWE has created as their bubble. Stuff like Hideo Itami coming in as KENTA until it's changed on screen, same with Devitt into Balor. I'm assuming they reference the independent work of people like Ciampa, Gargano, Crews, Samoa Joe, etc (I haven't watched NXT in forever), even if they don't outright say Dragon Gate or PWG. It's generally more of a "breaking the 4th wall" type show that doesn't box the wrestlers into the WWE Universe and just treats them as a new talent, but instead acknowledges the fact that some of these wrestlers had their starts in smaller indy type promotions.

I'm guessing that's the general gist of what he was trying to say. WWE hardly does any of that, while NXT seems to pride itself on it.

It's pretty unfair and premature to say they wouldn't do that on Raw when none of those talents have been on Raw to get that kind of treatment. They frequently mentioned Punk and Bryan's years on the indies when they debuted. They've mentioned Rollins' and Ambrose's time on the indies. They've mentioned Kevin Owens' time on the indies. 

Bryan even had a promo telling people to look up Bryan Danielson on Youtube. Mainline WWE does do this, they just don't harp on it like they do with NXT because the audiences are different. NXT is WWE, so all the footage or pictures of indies or Japanese companies on NXT is done by WWE. No one on NXT is a NXT employee, they're all WWE employees. Hence the logos and airing on WWE Network. There is no separation despite what people online try to imagine.