DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

INakamura entering The Rumble as The Authority's hired gun just makes so much sense. H looks so unassuming from a physical looking standpoint so no one will expect him to dominate Reigns. Playing him as a mercenary that wins the Rumble and then plays tweener champ by ignoring the Authority title would be amazing ... and thus will never happen

James

That would be a pretty terrible idea that makes little sense considering most don't likely know who Nakamura is and WM is right around the corner.

Honestly I would be shocked to see nay of these guys debut before April. And unless they do go the direction of a stable I don't really see Anderson or AJ bypassing NXT. AJ seems like the type who was likely hired specifically for it like Joe. Gallows wouldn't necessarily need it as someone who has already been in the system. I half expect him to become another Wyatt. I can see Nakamura debuting on the main roster though after a few months training in development. He feels like someone they likely offered too much money to place him in NXT.

Considering the way they're pushing this and what's been said, I think there's a good chance at least one of them debuts at the RR which I'm guessing will be AJ and they all are sent straight to the main roster with Finn moving up.

It would pointless for them to push this so much recently and then just send them to NXT for months which will kill off the entire WWE buzz they've build around it.

Fale in the WWE would be fine as long as he's limited to what he does best: being the guy that Balor rides to the ring on.

This is from 2013 but this is a bit with Shinsuke speaking some English at the beginning:

Oh, and for lovers of multi-man junior tags, Rocky Romero has apparently signed a two year contract with NJPW.

Looking at Sombra there I realized that what would've made Alberto Del Rio a MUCH better character is if he wore a mask. Change nothing else about the character and suddenly he's the embodiment of all the swag ass Lucha photos from the 60s-80s. El Santo, but "gone Hollywood"

I really fear what they'll shackle Nakamura with if he comes in and goes straight to main roster, just let him go to NXT have a few epics instead of getting Tyler Breeze treatment and being the 'King of Summer Style' or some shit like that.

• Like 1

WWE applied to trademark the phrase “Balor Club” on January 5th, according to the U.S. Patent & Trademark office. According to the application, the trademark would be used for:

“Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment; fan club services in the field of sports entertainment; organizing and staging entertainment events with wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely, blogs, in the fields of sports entertainment.”

With all the talk of NJPW talent jumping ship to WWE, there had been some speculation as to who actually owns the “Bullet Club” trademark, but a patent & trademark search confirms the name is owned by New Japan Pro Wrestling.

• Like 1