DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

The whole concept was "let's have stupid ass Russo American over booking shit because that never happens in Japan". But that kind of shit has been shit in America for years, and I don't think people are watching NJPW to see shitty late 90s American booking. 

SHIT.

Part of the booking of Bullet Club initially was that Devitt was Junior trying to challengefor the Heavyweight belt so it was booked that he wasn't going to beat Tanahashi without loads of interference (in theory). Of coursethat went overboard as BC basically became the weak sister Team No Respect without the awesome dance

James

Haha, I feel like a dumbass for asking that now. I should spend more time in those threads. Of course y'all hate it, that's why I've been reading this board for ten years.

I can't help but think that the part of the stable that appeals to the WWE is the NWO/DX throwback/nostalgia stuff, though. I can see the Network trailer for "New Generation World: Just How Fucking Cool Were We In The 90s?" where a bunch of 5'10 dudes in Bullet Club shirts mark out over Hunter and Nash for two hours.

No no no, I would never bash TNR. Like I said Bullet Club is a weak sister TNR.

Honestly the best version of the NWO that was actually way better than the NWO was probably SSU

James

• Like 1

And the promo skills of the Bullet Club are sooooo bad. Suck it and Too sweet...yeah, I can't see which formations you liked in the 90s, guys...

With Bullet Club, Los Ingobernables and Toru Yano you have basically comedy wrestling, because the interference/cheating is so over the top.

It just sucks, when the first half of something like Wrestle Kingdom is JUST this stuff....every match!

I liked the concept of Bullet Club but not the execution. I don't mind heel stables (or heel gaijin stables) at all but I've never been a fan of constant interference in matches, regardless of the promotion. I think it can help with pre and post match things, interviews and building interest but that's about it. They did eventually tone it down as Styles matches didn't have all the interference the second half of the year, but it still was a bit much.

I think a lot of their appeal is simply the logo and shirts to be honest, which I do think are pretty cool. But I hope the new version of Bullet Club in New Japan is a bit more toned down.

The rumor about Vince buying the Bullet Club rights has been outed as bullshit.  

Which should have been obvious because the only source was a joke Pro Wrestling Tees made on Twitter.

Unless I missed something.

Which should have been obvious because the only source was a joke Pro Wrestling Tees made on Twitter.

We live in a world where Rovert is like the second most respected source for wrestling newz. It's not surprising in the least that wrestling fans are fuck ups who take every tweet at face value. 

We live in a world where Rovert is like the second most respected source for wrestling newz. It's not surprising in the least that wrestling fans are fuck ups who take every tweet at face value. 

lol wut

I assumed that people here, knowing his posting history, would get the hyperbole I was using for effect in my post. I assumed wrong. Ironically, this is probably a good example of internet wrestling fans taking a bad joke at face value and running with it as though the OP meant it is absolute truth, which takes the whole last few pages full circle.

I assumed that people here, knowing his posting history, would get the hyperbole I was using for effect in my post. I assumed wrong. Ironically, this is probably a good example of internet wrestling fans taking a bad joke at face value and running with it as though the OP meant it is absolute truth, which takes the whole last few pages full circle.

Pretty ironic, don't you think?

Pretty ironic, don't you think?

Like rain on your wedding day. Also like the general discussion thread. 

Yeah Bullet Club stinks up every match they touch. They're gonna have to majorly retool the concept to make them acceptable heels in WWE to me. Just have them be the best of the best and it'll work, but if they keep being an NWO throwback it'll still suck.

I think the NWO throwback thing is the best part of the gimmick. It's "meta" (I hate that term, but it fits). It basically increases their twit heelishness to be a ripoff of such a famous American group. The Bullet Club concept is pretty much built for ironic heel throwbacks like the Young Bucks. It's even watered down with nobodies like the NWO was.

That said, as I mentioned in the Wrestle Kingdom thread, it's hard to imagine two worse guys for the WWE to pick up than Anderson and Gallows. Actually, Fale would be worse, and the WWE is supposedly interested in him. Anderson is a pretty good wrestler, but both guys don't have enough personality to fill a thimble. They're gonna flop like Tensai did upon his return. They're TNA-level, at best.