DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

yeah I can't wait to see what these guys can do in 7 minute NXT matches!!!!!!

Weird thing to say. They'd get twenty-to-thirty on specials or even fifteen-to-twenty on a NXT regular show. Most matches that are sub-seven minutes on NXT are squashes to build people up. Do you even watch NXT?

• Like 2

Weird thing to say. They'd get twenty-to-thirty on specials or even fifteen-to-twenty on a NXT regular show. Most matches that are sub-seven minutes on NXT are squashes to build people up. Do you even watch NXT?

To speak nothing of regular house shows... which are, you know, the point of those 7-minute TV matches.

To speak nothing of regular house shows... which are, you know, the point of those 7-minute TV matches.

It's sad that the Monday Night Wars caused people to forget that the purpose of TV matches is to sell house show tickets and pay per views.

• Like 1

Are they desperate enough to try Bullet Club as their nWo? 

If so, will they bring in Nash as the Godfather?

If they can find that sweet spot between the nWo (hanging around forever) and the Nexus (never getting that big win that cements them as a serious threat), it could work.

So...I almost feel like a troll posing this question. And I'm a fan of everyone they're bringing in and enjoy all of these guys' work in New Japan, which I've been viewing fairly regularly over the past couple of years. I'm a big Nakamura mark and have even been enjoying Styles for the first time in close to a decade.

But am I the only one that hates the Bullet Club gimmick? They all come off like a bunch of fucking dorks out there emulating stables that were already kind of embarrassing in their own time.

I get that it could at least be something fresh on Raw, but frankly I think it'd stink up NXT.

Bullet Club fucking sucks and ruined a lot of matches that could have been good. Jado and Gedo's obsession with American wrestlers and nWo nostalgia has been the worst part of NJ for years now. Bullet Club would have been unwatchable had AJ not come in and had the run of his career. So no, you are not the only one that hates the Bullet Club gimmick.

• Like 3