DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

I'm just posting to represent all the non-women/children/gay men that love good guy Balor in NXT. However, i doubt the same schtick would work in WWE without them pulling the trigger and making him Demon Balor pretty permanently so I do hope he gets sorted out as a heel if/when he gets called up.  

• Like 1

I hate to be a jerk, and I never get into these conversations, but can we drop the gay thing? I don't want this thread to be locked, and even more so, I don't wanna hear from any PC principal wannabes about how we can't talk about this stuff, cause that'll piss me off even worse. They're into dudes. Or each other. Or women. Or some combination of all of those. It's not a big deal either way. We live in the future now.

Back on track, I'm more pissed off at the idea floated above that WWE will no longer be interested in Aries or the MCMGs. Even if NXT is too crowded, it's not like they don't have, oh, six more hours of TV a week to fill. The main roster could always use another couple tag teams, especially with Sin Cara hurt and the Ascension not going as well as planned

WWE doesn't need more people on the main roster honestly. They have a hard enough time getting us to care about the interchangeable parts they already have.

In terms of discussions I don't want to have in this thread, "What WWE is doing wrong" ranks higher for me than whether or not Omega and/or Ibushi are gay, but TNB's right, the problem with WWE isn't a lack of wrestling talent.

What it needs right now in terms of acquiring talent is finding those who can get over in spite of WWE main roster booking. Kevin Owens might be the best recent example of this. Nakamura could be another. Not sure I see MCMG or Aries fitting that bill.

You know, I have to take a step back here. Maybe you guys are right. My whole thing is that I'd rather see (I'll use them again, just as an example) Aries & the MCMGs based upon the fact that I already care about them as versus (again, just an example) a Curtis Axel or someone like that. I guess I just didn't take into account the work that would go into getting the main roster's target demo, who doesn't give a half a shit about their stuff in TNA or ROH, to care about them. That was shortsighted of me, and I'll admit that maybe I was wrong. I preach it all the time here, but I always say that the thing that both WWE & NXT need more of are "player coaches". Guys who are experienced enough for an agent type role, but still young enough to go. Think about the way they've been using the Dudleys to aid guys like New Day and the Wyatts (or even what the NAO did with the Shield a couple years back), and apply that to names like Aries etc. I just think it would be a little bit of a wasted opportunity given the push to make NXT a full time touring brand, and the thinness of the tag team ranks on the main shows, that's all. I'll stop cluttering this thread with WWE stuff now, promise

I'm just posting to represent all the non-women/children/gay men that love good guy Balor in NXT. However, i doubt the same schtick would work in WWE without them pulling the trigger and making him Demon Balor pretty permanently so I do hope he gets sorted out as a heel if/when he gets called up.  

If I could ask, what is it about him that you love? Obviously a lot of people live and online are super into him, but it's something I don't understand based on my tastes. I never have really seen anyone explain what they like about him outside of "he'll sell a ton of merch", which is an odd way to judge if you like a wrestler or not.

I never liked the guy prior to NXT and even once he got there I was still not warmed up to him. Its only been the last few months where I started like him and it really comes down to this:

1. He looks like a cool guy (action hero/ladies man)

2. The demon persona for big matches is always awesome (putting on the war paint before battle)

3. His promos are solid and believable.

I know these three things are not the end-all-be-all for people, but its enough to get me on board with Balor. The fact that he has been working top programs with Joe, Owens, etc. also doesn't hurt.

• Like 1

From my own selfish standpoint, I'd love to see a Nakamura Joe or a Bullet club / mechanics encounter

yeah I can't wait to see what these guys can do in 7 minute NXT matches!!!!!!

I, personally, just me, think Balor has been boring as shit in NXT. He uses no psychology, is terrible at selling, doesn't even change his working style when under the demon stuff, and his matches have no flow at all. I didn't really care for him much as Devitt either, although he did occasionally have some good shit like his matches with Okada. He's as generic as can be. To me.

how oddly idealistic.. did you expect the same matches as outside WWE?

From my own selfish standpoint, I'd love to see a Nakamura Joe or a Bullet club / mechanics encounter

yeah I can't wait to see what these guys can do in 7 minute NXT matches!!!!!!

I, personally, just me, think Balor has been boring as shit in NXT. He uses no psychology, is terrible at selling, doesn't even change his working style when under the demon stuff, and his matches have no flow at all. I didn't really care for him much as Devitt either, although he did occasionally have some good shit like his matches with Okada. He's as generic as can be. To me.

how oddly idealistic.. did you expect the same matches as outside WWE?

I don't really understand the question. After I saw a few Devitt matches, I didn't expect him to use any selling or psychology if that's what you're asking. Which is what I don't like about him. He wrestles like a NJ junior still instead of heavyweight champ and face of a promotion (or brand, really). The demon stuff is frustrating since the whole idea is that when in the paint, he taps into this rage and it takes him to a difference place...yet he doesn't change his working style at all. That's basic shit right there.

this is the same guy who didn't watch the Styles/Nakamura match from WrestleKingdom purely because of the news, after the show was over, that they signed with WWE. irrational. 

Anyone who didn't watch AJ/Nak is being spiteful to themselves.

this is the same guy who didn't watch the Styles/Nakamura match from WrestleKingdom purely because of the news, after the show was over, that they signed with WWE. irrational. 

Anyone who didn't watch AJ/Nak is being spiteful to themselves.

If you don't want to watch Benoit matches, because he is a double murderer, I get it.  If you don't want to watch Hogan matches, because he is a racist, OK I can see that.  If you don't want to watch a match, because the participants are going to wrestle somewhere else, that doesn't make any damn sense. 

• Like 2

If they want to keep Balor face and have the other guys as heels, they could easily do a remix of Kevin Owens's reasoning for turning on Zayn with the whole "you think you're better than us, you left us behind, yada yada yada."  Have Balor bring them in, and then they immediately turn and bring in Nakamura to feud with him.

If they want to keep Balor face and have the other guys as heels, they could easily do a remix of Kevin Owens's reasoning for turning on Zayn with the whole "you think you're better than us, you left us behind, yada yada yada."  Have Balor bring them in, and then they immediately turn and bring in Nakamura to feud with him.

I was thinking they tease Balor as the head only to swerve everyone and make it

Hideo Itami.

I've had the feeling that Balor would be going heel sometime for Crews to be the top face. We pretty much all agree that Finn is better as a heel I think bring him in as face let him get popular and then have him turn will make him a bigger heel (and star). He holds the belt till Crews takes it off him (by beating the Demon it has to happen sometime and it would help with the reasoning to turn heel) Balor brings in his old running buddies and the Balor club runs NXT and/or WWE for a while.