DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

Idk, I thought the talk had been for years that Ibushi and Omega being gay or bi was a semi open secret in the wrestling world. I've been seeing that kind of talk since like...2006. Not necessarily with each other.

You didn't happen to read that on the infamous DVDVR Wrestling Rumors thread?  Wait a sec...

hqdefault.jpg

I hate to be a jerk, and I never get into these conversations, but can we drop the gay thing? I don't want this thread to be locked, and even more so, I don't wanna hear from any PC principal wannabes about how we can't talk about this stuff, cause that'll piss me off even worse. They're into dudes. Or each other. Or women. Or some combination of all of those. It's not a big deal either way. We live in the future now.

Back on track, I'm more pissed off at the idea floated above that WWE will no longer be interested in Aries or the MCMGs. Even if NXT is too crowded, it's not like they don't have, oh, six more hours of TV a week to fill. The main roster could always use another couple tag teams, especially with Sin Cara hurt and the Ascension not going as well as planned

I hate to be a jerk, and I never get into these conversations, but can we drop the gay thing? I don't want this thread to be locked, and even more so, I don't wanna hear from any PC principal wannabes about how we can't talk about this stuff, cause that'll piss me off even worse. They're into dudes. Or each other. Or women. Or some combination of all of those. It's not a big deal either way. We live in the future now.

Back on track, I'm more pissed off at the idea floated above that WWE will no longer be interested in Aries or the MCMGs. Even if NXT is too crowded, it's not like they don't have, oh, six more hours of TV a week to fill. The main roster could always use another couple tag teams, especially with Sin Cara hurt and the Ascension not going as well as planned

WWE doesn't need more people on the main roster honestly. They have a hard enough time getting us to care about the interchangeable parts they already have.

In terms of discussions I don't want to have in this thread, "What WWE is doing wrong" ranks higher for me than whether or not Omega and/or Ibushi are gay, but TNB's right, the problem with WWE isn't a lack of wrestling talent.

What it needs right now in terms of acquiring talent is finding those who can get over in spite of WWE main roster booking. Kevin Owens might be the best recent example of this. Nakamura could be another. Not sure I see MCMG or Aries fitting that bill.

Idk, I thought the talk had been for years that Ibushi and Omega being gay or bi was a semi open secret in the wrestling world. I've been seeing that kind of talk since like...2006. Not necessarily with each other.

You didn't happen to read that on the infamous DVDVR Wrestling Rumors thread?  Wait a sec...

hqdefault.jpg

I feel like if it had been the Sleeze Thread that there would be some crazy story along with it instead of just "yeah, they are, no one cares".

WWE doesn't need more people on the main roster honestly. They have a hard enough time getting us to care about the interchangeable parts they already have.

Bring back the goddamn brand split!

I'm assuming the Bullet Club are coming in as heels. So that means Balor will have to turn if they plan to reunite. I hope they throw Samoa Joe in the mix too. I expect tomorrow's NXT tapings to be interesting.

I'd love to see them make a Nexus like impact during their debut, but I've been burned too many times to get my hopes up.

When does the current NJPW tour finish? Because I don't see them showing up before that. And they still have to do Nakamura vs Omega for the IC title (Nak could retain and they could do a 'Spring of Nakamura' angle. People love those) and work out why Gallows and Anderson are leaving with AJ when they joined in with Omega beating him up.

I'm assuming the Bullet Club are coming in as heels.

If it's in NXT, no way. Everyone is gonna lose their minds for them.

The idea that someone would lose their mind of Doc Gallows is pretty ridiculous.

The demon shit is already lame as fuck and the closer Balor gets to being Devitt the better he'll be. He's a garbage face. The closer he was getting to shithead cocky heel for the month of the Dusty Classic was better than anything he's done in his entire NXT run.

• Like 1

Balor is kind of a bland babyface, though. His charisma is all in his entrance. He seems like a super-likeable guy IRL, but he still hasn't figured out how to translate that into his ringwork. He's been way more interesting to me as a heel in Japan.

But stro doesn't like it, see, so it's obviously an abject failure and indisputably terrible.

For me it is. I didn't say anything about how anyone else was supposed to feel about it. I didn't know I needed to qualify it with "this is how I and I alone feel about this particular wrestler and his gimmick". 

Although I don't know why women would like the demon gimmick any more or less than the cocky leather jacket stripper dude if you assume women like Balor just because of his body anyway. 

I, personally, just me, think Balor has been boring as shit in NXT. He uses no psychology, is terrible at selling, doesn't even change his working style when under the demon stuff, and his matches have no flow at all. I didn't really care for him much as Devitt either, although he did occasionally have some good shit like his matches with Okada. He's as generic as can be. To me.

Take it for what it's worth, stro, but I've noticed that in your posts as well. No, you don't need to stipulate that an opinion is yours and yours alone, but when you go straight from "I don't like X" to, "so they should stop doing X", you are implicitly assuming that your opinion is either one held by the majority, or that it's the only one that matters.

When the former is not the case, (as noted, Balor is pretty damned over with the NXT crowd,) it's fair to assume you're saying the latter, and that's annoying.

It is the opinion that matters to me, since it is my opinion and all. I don't think I've made any post that even half implies that my opinion is the popular one or one that everyone else should agree to. I'm just saying what I think.

Someone says "X sucks" and then someone replies "X doesn't suck" and then they give their points. That's how message boards work, I thought.

It is the opinion that matters to me, since it is my opinion and all.

Kinda the problem, dude. The whole "discussion" thing works better when you're interested in other people's opinions, too.

I don't think I've made any post that even half implies that my opinion is the popular one or one that everyone else should agree to. I'm just saying what I think.

Yeah and I don't think I'm overweight, but my doctor, my scale, my mirror, and basic physics disagree. The fewer people you need to hear criticism from before you start taking it into account, the happier you'll be.

Or you'll get Cashed and we'll all move on.

Someone says "X sucks" and then someone replies "X doesn't suck" and then they give their points. That's how message boards work, I thought.

Frequently they do. Those boards tend to be annoying as hell, though. (See Madness, March.) Think discussion, not debate. Not that you can't state your opinions and support them, but remember most people are looking for give-and-take, not just their turn on the mic.

• Like 6

I'm probably just going to express how I feel about various play fighters in their underwears, because no one should be getting bothered at such silly topics of discussion. I think Balor has not been good in NXT and I enjoy his cocky leaning towards tweener stripper guy gimmick much more than the demon, which makes him look like a fucking goober and doesn't change his matches at all. How popular he is with the NXT crowd does not play into my feeling on him at all. I never denied it wasn't working or that he isn't popular. It does not work for me and I don't see what people see in him except for brief flashes every few months.

I was MUCH more excited for Itami's signing, but he, sadly, also hasn't looked too hot in NXT. Except RIGHT before he got injured. He was just starting to get some of his KENTA swag back and then got hurt. Ain't that some shit.