DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

I watched Nakamura vs. Ibushi 2 again on New Year's and you really have to give Nakamura credit as a performer for making his knees LOOK like they're murdering someone without, you know, actually murdering them. It's got to be like Dick Murdoch's punches where you thought he just hit someone full blast but it hit like a feather. 

I meant specifically about the gay community, as he has joked about his reaction on shoots and whatnot. And was working with Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi just recently.

Are Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi gay?

LOL that was my takeaway from that post, too.  Did Stro just out some dudes?

• Like 1

I meant specifically about the gay community, as he has joked about his reaction on shoots and whatnot. And was working with Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi just recently.

Are Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi gay?

LOL that was my takeaway from that post, too. Did Stro just out some dudes?

That made me scratch my head too. I thought it might have been some inside joke I missed in the time I was away.

Sabin is terrible, so the Machine Guns not coming in is great.

I have no interest in Sabin as a singles, but MCMG as a team are outstanding.

Totally agree, once those two are together they are terrific. I say "are" but perhaps "were" is more accurate, I haven't seem them in a while now. 

I wish they would just announce some shit. If Nak and AJ do NXT, I'd go to the show in Indy next month. Otherwise I'll pass because I'm still hot at the way they cock teased Sting the night after Survivor Series 2014 and refuse to give them my money for a live show.

Yeah, but Hard Gay wasn't gay. Who's to say?
And neither are Goldust, Adrian Street or Rico and neither was Adrian Adonis.

Goldust isn't gay??!!

But, but, but. . .he wore panties at Wrestlemania 20 years ago. . . :blink:

As we all know gay men do.

• Like 1

If this were even a couple years ago it might have been a bigger deal.  But considering how things are now in WWE and the nation in general somebody being gay isn't something to pay much attention to.

My first thought reading Stro's post was "Wait, Ibushi might be gay?  Okay, cool."  Then I think back to his WK9 match.  With Omega I care more about him as the new leader and where things go next with his video game battle against Austin Creed.

Yeah, but Hard Gay wasn't gay. Who's to say?
And neither are Goldust, Adrian Street or Rico and neither was Adrian Adonis.

Goldust isn't gay??!!

But, but, but. . .he wore panties at Wrestlemania 20 years ago. . . :blink:

As we all know gay men do.

So Fresh is racist AND homophobic? Damn...it's getting cold in here...

I kid...I kid because I love...but not like that...not that there's anything wrong with that...

Idk, I thought the talk had been for years that Ibushi and Omega being gay or bi was a semi open secret in the wrestling world. I've been seeing that kind of talk since like...2006. Not necessarily with each other.

Did AJ even ever say anything outside of being confused that he was popular with gay dudes? Like did he ever say "I hate fags" or anything similar to what Jay Briscoe had to say?

I have no idea. I was just running with the game here because it amused me. 

• Like 1