DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

An Ambrose/Nakamura sleaze-off? I'm down.

Holy fuck I just realized I asked for something like this during March Madness.  Never did I think this would ever happen, yet it's now a possibility.  This shit's blowing my mind, all of it.  Monday I was left speechless just trying to process the idea of these four coming over, especially Nakamura.  Raw immediately became a non-factor as I spent the time trying to wrap my head around this.  Fucking crazy.

For Nakamura, ideally I'd hope they keep every single thing about him intact, including the music (that theme rules so much)  AJ should be able to fit right in, looking forward to what he does.  And I honestly like Doc and Anderson a lot.  Talk'n Shop really showed off their personalities, and as long as they can tone down the non-PG stuff they should be fine.

Either way, this year is going to be very interesting and I'm excited to see what happens.

Last night I had a dream that Nak was brought in to feud with Scorpion and Sub Zero so clearly Rippa wasn't thinking when he said no one on this board would be a good booker. 

As a semi serious aside: How do we think Nakamura will adjust when he can't just absolutely blast people with knees anymore? 

I have no interest in what AJ Styles politics are so for everyone saying "he can go fuck himself" I think you would be surprised where some of your favorites fall on certain issues. My best advice is to separate man from performer and leave it at that.

For the most part, I would agree with you but the name Chris Benoit still gets people upset.

An Ambrose/Nakamura sleaze-off? I'm down.

Holy fuck I just realized I asked for something like this during March Madness.  Never did I think this would ever happen, yet it's now a possibility.  This shit's blowing my mind, all of it.  Monday I was left speechless just trying to process the idea of these four coming over, especially Nakamura.  Raw immediately became a non-factor as I spent the time trying to wrap my head around this.  Fucking crazy.

For Nakamura, ideally I'd hope they keep every single thing about him intact, including the music (that theme rules so much)

The best themes in wrestling are between Nakamura, Balor and Okada.  No one else really is in the conversation to me.  Best of all time though is probably between Real American, Kobashi's Grand Sword, or when Koko B. Ware came out to The Time's The Bird.

Yes but that's a view that a lot of people share around the country so to single out AJ Styles, I don't know. It's like if Tom Cruise had a new film out do we want to read everyone's thoughts on Scientology or do we just want to discuss the film? Well, that's my final thought on the matter.  

No disrespect to anyone here.  Peace and love.

I have no interest in what AJ Styles politics are so for everyone saying "he can go fuck himself" I think you would be surprised where some of your favorites fall on certain issues. My best advice is to separate man from performer and leave it at that.

I think it's more than "politics", I think it's more that he used to frequently use a gay slur. BUT, I do recall him saying in an interview that he was trying to cut that out, and I haven't heard it out of him in a long time (though I don't watch much of his stuff, so it's entirely possible I just missed it).