DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

A friend of mine just mentioned the possibility that AJ could take over Seth's spot as the golden boy of The Authority and win the World Heavyweight Championship at the Rumble. 

AJ in the lackey role would be a weird throwback to his Team Angle/Team Christian time in TNA. 

Lee only works if the surname is an adjective, like 'Supreme' Lee Great... wait, never mind. The penny took a while to drop on that one.

I hope his new name is AJ Snipes, because it's a very obscure reference to an old TNA angle that everyone on earth has forgotten except me.

EDIT: Except me and the Nature Boy, apparently.

Gilsonic (he who does teribly funny things with Family Circus strips) suggested that WWE will have Mr. Styles will have AJ  get AX tattod on the other side of his body so he can be "AJAX, the man who will really clean up the ring"!

James

To go back a couple pages, I think WWE should take a page out of NJPW's playbook and elevate the I.C. title to near world title status but have guys defend it primarily on SD! as if it was the TV title.  Get rid of the U.S. title because it's ugly and would serve no purpose.

I think a show headlined by guys like Owens, Cesaro, Nak, AJ Styles would be pretty awesome. Bring it back to the SD! six days. Use RAW for more of the big story lines soap opera stuff.

• Like 1

Mike Johnson is Stro? :P

I don't even know who Mike Johnson is or why anyone should care about what he says.

He's a guy who runs a website that is full of pop up ads - and still manages to be slightly less annoying than your massive signature

I can make it smaller, you ain't gotta get hot about it.

Gilsonic (he who does teribly funny things with Family Circus strips) suggested that WWE will have Mr. Styles will have AJ  get AX tattod on the other side of his body so he can be "AJAX, the man who will really clean up the ring"!

James

They could go for the XFL synergy!

Memphis_Maniax.png

WWE's Facebook just posted AJ's match with Hurricane from Jakked.

They referred to him as "international standout" AJ Styles. Poor TNA.

The WWE.com article says :He competed on the national scene in the United States for well over a decade, dating back to the latter days of WCW, and is universally hailed for his multi-tooled attack in the ring.

That's as much as TNA is going to get. Perhaps if they hadn't taken so many shots at WWE over the years, they might get a mention like ROH/CZW/Chikara/NJPW.

They should have been here by now...

iIJedj6.jpg

I'm seriously starting to wonder if this isn't some sort of cross-promotion thing between WWE and NJPW. At the very least, maybe NJPW cuts a deal with WWE to market the Bullet Club stateside and share profits... you know they'd get a shitload of money.

They should have been here by now...

iIJedj6.jpg

I'm seriously starting to wonder if this isn't some sort of cross-promotion thing between WWE and NJPW. At the very least, maybe NJPW cuts a deal with WWE to market the Bullet Club stateside and share profits... you know they'd get a shitload of money.

I had a similar thought. Considering Liger working NXT last summer, lots of NJ footage being shown for Balor packages, WWE talking about these guys and NJ specifically....WWE just poaching 2 of their top talents and 2 important mid card dudes doesn't seem very in line with the seemingly pretty friendly NJ/WWE relationship in the last year.