DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

Muta, Chono and Sasaki had runs in WCW while they were big in NJPW. I'm sure there have been a few before. Was Kabuki big in Japan before his World Class run?

Edit. Sorry didn't read about the cross promotional part. So....what about Kabuki??

Not your fault. I edited the post to include that because I thought about it right after I posted. Was Kabuki ever a top guy in Japan before his US run?

Not really and not a top guy even after he made it relatively big in America. He was a supporting act in All Japan throughout the '80s.

What about Saito? 

Fresh better trademark Jumbo Tsunami because otherwise that is going to be Nakamura's new name

We know they will go with something even more tasteless like Ultimo Fukushima.

Man, they should make Smackdown the "major WWE show for wrestling fans what like wrestling" and send all the NXT stars who have limited ceilings on RAW over to that show. Split the brands again, split the WWE WHC again, and let the wrestling fans have their major wrestling show while also allowing people on NXT to move up and go to WM/be World Champ/etc.

In the meantime, Swagsuke vs. Zayn, please. 

I figure they're paying him enough money to supposedly warrant an immediate debut on the main roster instead of NXT, so it must be because of his name value. So, why do all of that just to change his name and have to go through the rebranding phase? Same with AJ Styles, but I don't see anyone arguing that they'll change his name....

Is everyone coming up with these ridiculous Japanese names secretly Big Fresh?

Man, they should make Smackdown the "major WWE show for wrestling fans what like wrestling" and send all the NXT stars who have limited ceilings on RAW over to that show. Split the brands again, split the WWE WHC again, and let the wrestling fans have their major wrestling show while also allowing people on NXT to move up and go to WM/be World Champ/etc.

In the meantime, Swagsuke vs. Zayn, please. 

I like the idea except for the idea of the split World Title. The last few years of that really devalued what it meant to be a World Champion. Build the Intercontinental Championship up and have that be the main championship on SmackDown.

I like "Phenomenal "l" Allen Jones myself but it might sound to close to the Undertakers "the phenomenon" nickname for the WWE.

AJ Lee doesn't work for the company anymore just let him keep the name