DVDVR Message Board

The EVERYONE IS LEAVING NEW JAPAN!!! Thread

RIPPA

Shocker - this is the thread Fresh returns in

ZVjXhuf.gif

I suppose it's only natural that the DVDVR board is collectively Maximo.

I would die to be a Brazo

You probably have the gut to be a Brazo, so that is half the battle won. 

The dropkick... well... we can still dream, can't we?

• Like 1

If I can do an RKO without breaking my back, he can do a dropkick. 

(Best battle royal ever.)

DVDVR Films under the leadership and vision of myself and Mr. Fowler will now begin crowdfunding The Phil Rippa Dropkick Challenge documentary.

• Like 2

Rumble is in Orlando - which would probably be the best place for AJ to debut

Holy crap, we could get Michael Cole MikeTenaying.

"WE KNOW WHO THAT IS!"

"Three quarters of the building doesn't, Maggle!"

I kinda feel like Gallows and Anderson's best chance are if they do do some sort of "Balor Club".  Gallows has already cycled through several gimmicks in the WWE.  And I dig Karl Anderson's work, but I've never watched him and thought "Wow. that guy is really charismatic and can talk.  WWE should sign him"

Ironically, Gallows appears to be the youngest of the four, assuming Wiki is correct.

You have to feel for Bryan who went on at length in interviews how badly he wanted to work Nakamura.

Part of me thinks Vince will bring Gallows back in as Festus and Anderson is as Cousin Eustace. 

Despite the big pay check, I'm still sort of inclined to think they're getting paid a lot to help make NXT a touring brand.

I kinda feel like Gallows and Anderson's best chance are if they do do some sort of "Balor Club".  Gallows has already cycled through several gimmicks in the WWE.  And I dig Karl Anderson's work, but I've never watched him and thought "Wow. that guy is really charismatic and can talk.  WWE should sign him"

Ironically, Gallows appears to be the youngest of the four, assuming Wiki is correct.

This.  I like Karl well enough when he is smashing people in the face, but I have seen quite a few of his promos and he has never struck me as the leader type.

I know they want to keep a gaijin as the leader, but I'd have passed the mantle on to Yujiro instead of Kenny Omega.  Guess Rippa is right about me being a crap booker.

You have to feel for Bryan who went on at length in interviews how badly he wanted to work Nakamura.

Part of me thinks Vince will bring Gallows back in as Festus and Anderson is as Cousin Eustace. 

Despite the big pay check, I'm still sort of inclined to think they're getting paid a lot to help make NXT a touring brand.

Maybe he can jump him in the parking lot for real, guerilla unsanctioned match in front of 30 autograph hunters

I'm pretty positive now that Mauro is the mole. WWE hires him to be the new voice on Smackdown, which is moving to USA and getting a big push by NBCU. Suddenly, two top talents and two losers leave NJ the day after their biggest show. Four talents that Mauro is very familiar with and can explain why they're a big deal and their history. 

When I asked him about it, his response was "lol" and a retweet. 

ken-kratz-1024.jpg

Clearly an admission of guilt.

• Like 1

So, is this the first time a top Japanese guy at a top Japanese promotion has ever come to the US and it not being a cross-promotional deal? I know there was Tenryu flirting with WWF back in the early 90s, but he'd already left All Japan at that point, right?

That, and HHH still needs to play ball with his father in law. Something tells me that Vince couldn't know less about NJPW, but if AJ, Nak, Gallows and Anderson were all brought into NXT, it would probably raise some eyebrows.

If those guys showed up on NXT I would never watch RAW or Smackdown again until they showed up on the main roster.  Lots of people share my sentiment and I think Vince knows that too.

I think the winning move is for Vince to stop thinking of NXT as the FCW feeder league to syndication and think of NXT as the thing that sells subscriptions to WWE Network.

Not to derail this thread or anything, but I agree with you, regarding using NXT to sell subscriptions, but Vince is likely going to take things like NXT selling out in Brooklyn, insanely fast sellouts for venues hosting NXT, and big roster moves like signing top international talent as someone challenging the throne. I'm sure NXT is still flying under the radar for now, but sooner or later, those insecurities born from Vince's own actions from when he was younger are going to bubble up to the surface. NXT is the only reason why I have the Network subscription, which is stupid, because I also have Hulu Plus.

Isn't the main reason Vince takes a hands off approach to NXT because they need Triple H to run it autonomously and be successful, because when Vince's heart finally explodes Vince finally retires, they need to be able to show that Triple H can run the company so that the stockholders don't freak out?

And you know how I know I'd be a terrible booker? While lying in bed a few nights ago, I had the idea of having Roman defend the title in the Rumble.  So I'm at least as good as the current WWE writers, which is a very low standard to reach.

Muta, Chono and Sasaki had runs in WCW while they were big in NJPW. I'm sure there have been a few before. Was Kabuki big in Japan before his World Class run?

Edit. Sorry didn't read about the cross promotional part. So....what about Kabuki??

Paul Heyman has been a terrible manager to everyone except Brock since 2002. Keep him away from anyone that isn't Brock.

Oh come on... you don't want to hear him growl out "Naaaa-kaaa-muuuuuurrrrrrraaaaaaaaaa" the way he does "Brrrrrrrock Lesssssnarrrrrrrr"?

Muta, Chono and Sasaki had runs in WCW while they were big in NJPW. I'm sure there have been a few before. Was Kabuki big in Japan before his World Class run?

Edit. Sorry didn't read about the cross promotional part. So....what about Kabuki??

Not your fault. I edited the post to include that because I thought about it right after I posted. Was Kabuki ever a top guy in Japan before his US run?

I missed you too.

I had to haunt the YouTubes in order to exchange worthless opinions on bullshit covered in Gamers Gotta Whine. That sucked. Welcome home!

POST NEW LINKS IN YOUR FUCKING THREADS~!

You, AxB, and this married Canadian woman named (deleted, in retrospect) who has been sending me dirty messages are my only regular commenters! Keep it up! Though we did just hit 200 subs. No big deal.

Not your fault. I edited the post to include that because I thought about it right after I posted. Was Kabuki ever a top guy in Japan before his US run?

Not really and not a top guy even after he made it relatively big in America. He was a supporting act in All Japan throughout the '80s.