DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Did anyone else know this?

Go to Google Translate

Place "Sami Zayn" in English and translate it into Arabic.

Take the Arabic writing and translate it back into English.

WTF???

Means there's a wrestling fan at Google who stuck that into the code. Neither "Sami Zayn" nor the other thing are English words.

I just tried this for shits and giggles. I thought it was pretty funny. 

Maybe they are testing out adding "WWE speak" and "Real world" to the drop down menus.

Did anyone else know this?

Go to Google Translate

Place "Sami Zayn" in English and translate it into Arabic.

Take the Arabic writing and translate it back into English.

WTF???

Well, RIPPA, this explains it.  

I didn't see it before because I have Greggulator on Ignore.  Mainly because he couldn't find Carmen Sandiego. 

• Like 1

So results from Asbury Park:  

Asuka over Alexa Bliss via crossface chicken wing, Asuka seemed pretty over and got "Asuka's gonna kill you chants"

Apollo Crews over Alex Riley via the sort of blue thunder powerbomb

Carmella over Peyton Royce via headscissors neck submission.  Peyton was doing a gimmick with a flower that she kept smelling until the ref confiscated and then Carmella got it and was mocking Peyton causing her to throw a tantrum

Enzo Amore & Colin Cassidy over the Vaudevillains via the Rocket Launcher.  Enzo and Cass did a bunch of stick work before the match and were super over with everyone doing their usual intro, working in a bunch of Springsteen references but perhaps trumped by Big Cass singing "Sherry" by Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons

Intermission

Austin Aries over the Drifter Elias Samson via rolling elbow.  Samson was singing before the match making fun of the city.  He should really be handing out and posting fliers for his upcoming open mics as part of the gimmick.

Bayley retained the NXT Women's title over Eva Marie via the Belly to Bayley.  Eva got a ton of heel heat and Bayley got a ton of face heat.  Tube men are in the house

Sami Zayn & Finn Balor beat Baron Corbin & Samoa Joe when Sami hit the Hooluva Kick on Baron followed by Finn hitting the bloody sunday.  Fun main, Joe was working heel by teasing he was starting the match and then immediately tagged in Corbin.  Main was fun, noteworthy spots, Finn hit a double stomp (not off the top) and sold his ankle, this led to a tag to sami and when sami needed to make a tag, Finn wasn't there, but recovered for the finish making a blind tag.  Post match, Sami got Finn's jacket and was doing the pose, so Finn in retaliation took Sami's sweatshirt and put on the cap and did the dance selling it a little.  Of note during this that when Sami was doing the jacket open bit, Finn told him "but Sami.... you need to do the belt to do that.", so nice bits of possible story elements for future angles.

Overall, a fun show, the main was very good, most of it was ok.  The women's title match was fun just for the heat of super babyface Bayley and how much the crowd hates Eva Marie.  I'm not sure if he's ever going to become something of note, but I think they're using her very well to capitalize on their troll of their fan base heat she gets.  I hadn't realized until after the show that a co-worker told me all the babyfaces won tonight.

It was a super fun show. Had a blast. I am the proud owner of an "I'm A Hugger" shirt. In thought the Vaudes vs Enzo/Cass match was the best of the night. Finn and Sami were funny wearing each other's coats. Glad I went and totally will go again.

The ticket aspect Philly event of was interesting. I looked into getting seats on the day they went on sale, and they were 96% sold out a couple hours later. I checked StubHub a couple weeks ago and there were many tickets available, only marked up a bit before fees. I ended up waiting for some comps that fell through and went back to StubHub. Tix were now well below the original asking prices and most balcony seats were $25. There were many many empty seats just before they opened, and I noticed lotsa folks that were waiting outside (not in the ticket holder line) got comped. 

There's no need to paper an event that is not being taped. Also, most of the first rows was comp seats - friends of the venue, I assume. I interpret all this thusly: early sales were fans and ticket speculators (private and professional) based on the success of the first Philly NXT show. Closer to the event, the NXT fans were holding onto their seats but no movement on the ones held by resellers. On the last week, the dumping began. Casual fans may have trickled in but I think they were never really there (or scared off by the high prices in the beginning). The ticket middlemen are throwing off the tracking of the popularity of NXT. Also to be factored in is that Thursday is an odd night for a wrestling card, although there were lotsa wee kids there (less so than a WWE crowd).

Please excuse this amateur MBA (Meltzerian Business Analysis). 

- RAF

The ticket middlemen throw off everything.

I mean like when the Adele tickets went on sale they sold out in like 4 minutes and I know people who looked immediately on the secondary market and tickets were already there going for 3 times the price

Since NXT hates Ray - in Florida last night American Alpha and Dash/Dawson did another 2 out of 3 Fall 30 minute match

Just imagine if that were Bayley and Asuka the would be getting accused of rehearsing their match for Takeover.

• Like 1

Since NXT hates Ray - in Florida last night American Alpha and Dash/Dawson did another 2 out of 3 Fall 30 minute match

What the hell do we have to do here? Can we start a kickstarter to get Black Terry, Jr. across the border or something? I can't believe the Sombra/Sami match never popped up. I mean, I can, but it's a crime.

Just imagine if that were Bayley and Asuka the would be getting accused of rehearsing their match for Takeover.

That's my argument in March Madness. House matches are a form of rehearsal and it's been going on since forever and I'm cool with it

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic