DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In skimming rovert's meltdown - I liked the Alex Riley tweet bitching about how going to the Performance Center no longer matters

Given how long Alex Riley has been there, and how little he's improved in all that time, he makes a very valid point. Unfortunately, it's not the point he was actually trying to make.

Now that we're officially in the realm of "I want to see shit happen in wrestling only to piss off wrestling fans I don't like", I have a sudden desire to see Becky Lynch make a one-shot return to NXT to lose to Blue Pants.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, peterien said:

He also said the Performance Center should be burned down. Was he the guy lurking around there with the gun a year ago?

I thought for sure that he was the dude in the panda suit...

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - Bayley's injury is angle

Not exactly sure what that is outside of probably writing her out of the picture for now

It's protecting her in a loss. They did the same thing for Balor when he dropped the belt.

I don't want to add a a new post to the Takeover thread, which is pretty much done with, so I'll add this.

Just re-watched Nakamura/Zayn from Takeover.  The match, the atmosphere, everything was outstanding.  And if you were in the crowd for that, I love you very much for it.  The "Fight forever" chant in particular gave me massive goosebumps that I just can't shake off.  So great, so unbelievably wonderful, I have to see this again immediately.  Zayn had a wonderful sendoff and Nak looked like a billion bucks.  Just loved this so, so much.

• Like 1

I've re-watched it six times now just to try and get it in perspective (one tends to over-rate the most recently viewed stuff just because the details are freshest in one's mind); thing is, this holds up. Probably in my top-five all-time. Just improvable, sure one might have wished for a deeper backstory and feud, but for what it was, the farewell match of a beloved babyface and the introduction of a soon-to-be equally beloved champion, it was perfect. Zayn looked super strong in defeat and Nakamura won over the crowd as only he can. The crowd certainly helped. but you could have had this match in an empty arena and it still would have hit *****; both guys were just so perfectly in their respective grooves that you would think that they had a history of working with each for years ala Sami and KO. I'll keep my rating to "top five", but the truth is I've got a feeling that in one year, three years, five years, etc. I'll still feel equally strongly about this match.  Just about as close to perfect on all levels as you can get. When you factor in the lack of experience working together it's just fucking amazing. 

I used to marvel at the those matches that traveling champs Harley Race and Ric Flair could pull off with guys in different territories that they had maybe worked with a handful of times or not at all, and this trumped anything that I've seen previously. Just amazing. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - Bayley's injury is angle

Not exactly sure what that is outside of probably writing her out of the picture for now

I kinda think it's Cena booking.  It's not enough to beat the heel.  The baby face has to OVERCOME a half dozen factors at the same time.

Ex-poster entirely incapable of disputing a point without being a colossal shithead about it. Banned for repeated shitheadedness.

What the current kerfuffle is, I have no idea, except I presume that the aforementioned shitheadedness and some posters' inability to leave well enough alone are both factors. 

21 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Ex-poster entirely incapable of disputing a point without being a colossal shithead about it. Banned for repeated shitheadedness.

What the current kerfuffle is, I have no idea, except I presume that the aforementioned shitheadedness and some posters' inability to leave well enough alone are both factors. 

You realize this describes like 50 or 60 guys at least?

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic