DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm willing to wait to see if anything comes of the Drifter. For now, I see nothing there. The gimmick sucks. He's not near cool enough to pull off a 21st century Johnny Cash.

I don't think Samson is cool enough to pull off country music star Double J.

• Like 1

You have to remember Eva was not training until this past year. Maybe a little bit but she was thrust into total divas right away. Most people you are seeing in developmental have been wrestling at least a few years maybe outside of a beast like Gable they all sucked in their first year.

Be fair to Eva.

The amount of hate this girl generates is amazing.  Just for showing up.  And from the most white-knighting audience in all of professional wrestling too.

She's maybe had like thirty matches not counting the main roster stuff where she wasn't even trained.  For her experience level and under the circumstances, she's probably better than she should be.  She's not even close to being the worst female on the roster.

As a consumer, I judge the stuffing/potatoes put in front of me. On that scale EM does stink. It may be some heavy duty post-modern booking strategery scheme to get heat but nevertheless she does come up lacking even when the whole thing is centered around making her look effective, let alone threatening, as per the Philly house show. I did not enjoy watching Mike or Chris Von Erich, who were also pushed far beyond their abilities. Jay Leno or Dennis Rodman were at least "one and done". 

Personally, I do not have enough emotionally involvement to "hate" on this poor synthezoid girl unit. There are at least half a dozen other NXT ladies who I think could do a better job. However, the Divas show does warrant her position in the cold hard reality of corporate WWE. She as a worker may not deserve the push but they have to run with the angle as long as they think they tie-in, and money & time they have invested, can last.

- RAF

• Like 1

She's very popular also.  If you watch Total Divas she has young girls coming up to her with their red hair screaming "EVA!" and she has long lines at her autograph sessions.

Maybe in the end she winds up being a valet or something but this shit I've read elsewhere about her being "useless" and how she should be released, I don't think it's going to happen nor should it happen.

Back to what I was saying before. She's having all of her first year matches on TV. She's in the same class as Amanda at the performance center. We don't know how some of the other girls were in their first year of training because they weren't on TV.

She's very popular also.  If you watch Total Divas she has young girls coming up to her with their red hair screaming "EVA!" and she has long lines at her autograph sessions.

Maybe in the end she winds up being a valet or something but this shit I've read elsewhere about her being "useless" and how she should be released, I don't think it's going to happen nor should it happen.

Back to what I was saying before. She's having all of her first year matches on TV. She's in the same class as Amanda at the performance center. We don't know how some of the other girls were in their first year of training because they weren't on TV.

Charisma...it's this thing she has none of. In-ring experience or not, she's as magnetic as a glass of skim milk. She's pretty...make her a valet. I have no problem with her making money that way but she is NOT a wrestler.

• Like 1

She's very popular also. If you watch Total Divas she has young girls coming up to her with their red hair screaming "EVA!" and she has long lines at her autograph sessions.

Charisma...it's this thing she has none of. In-ring experience or not, she's as magnetic as a glass of skim milk. She's pretty...make her a valet. I have no problem with her making money that way but she is NOT a wrestler.

Charisma is overrated. Look at Roman! No charisma at all and he's the top face!

One of the interesting things about this video is the use of Revolution Pro clips to show Nakamura in-ring.

This might answer the question, if WWE is still on good terms with New Japan after taking four of their wrestlers.

Triple H even mentioned PROGRESS and Revolution Pro by name in interviews about the Global Crusierweight Series. I'm pretty sure he's aware of all the big names out there.

Triple H turning into a smart mark is probably one of the most surprising twists of the last ten years.

• Like 1

Triple H even mentioned PROGRESS and Revolution Pro by name in interviews about the Global Crusierweight Series. I'm pretty sure he's aware of all the big names out there.

Triple H turning into a smart mark is probably one of the most surprising twists of the last ten years.

I doubt there was any transformation. He's always been a huge fan and now that he's running his own promotion, I'm sure he watches even more. Having a network series focusing on he and Regal recruiting would be amazing.
  • Like 1

Dammit.  Why can we like posts only once?  I may have to go back and like each and every one of Rippa's posts to even things out.

Balor can quit the cosplay now.  He'll have a hard time topping that.

I really don't get what people dislike about Balor.  He was really good before he got to NXT.

Also - Takeover Dallas is starting at 10 PM EST

I wonder if it's going to be a full 3-hour show, or if they're going to follow the Brooklyn/London pattern where they tape the first half to use as a weekly show, and go live on the network later.