DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Least improved NXT wrestlers is pointless, because it's just gonna be the guys who were already really good. Like and Finn and Sami would be my top two picks but they don't need to change much because they're already great in their roles. And yes, I'll defend Finn as being great in the stoic ace role. He's been top-notch since the Dusty Classic.

I'm kind of surprised Blake and Murphy are getting any kind of love, especially after Dash and Dawson stepped in and filled the "stability heel team" role better in every way the second they got the chance.

Did anyone else know this?

Go to Google Translate

Place "Sami Zayn" in English and translate it into Arabic.

Take the Arabic writing and translate it back into English.

WTF???

Means there's a wrestling fan at Google who stuck that into the code. Neither "Sami Zayn" nor the other thing are English words.

• Like 1

Went to the Philly show tonight. It had been a while since I went to a plain-Jane house show. Awesome time all around. Was dead center at the rail, great view. .

Brief notes:

- the whole show was very entertaining, top to bottom.

- Bayley jumps down from the ringside/stage to do her crowd thing. Extends her arms, whilst drinking a beer, I raised my arm up as she's near and inadvertently Steamboat-arm drag-grasp her right arm.

- Standing at the ATM, which is next to the merch stand. I see Asuka's shirt and think, "Y'know, that's pretty sweet looking shirt, I should get one." Ended up buying a beer, "Oh well", I think. 30 seconds later, I manuever myself back to my seat while she is tossing the shirt she wore, towards my way. A quick, blasé attempt to catch it leads to success. Didn't spill my drink.

The shirt smelled good, you weirdos.

• Like 3

Last night's Florida show

Kenneth Crawford beat Chris Girard

This was an athletic showcase for Crawford who escaped much of Girard’s aggressive offense. Girard nailed Crawford with a running European uppercut for a near fall, and then tried to lock in a leg hold. However, he was countered and rolled up for the pin for Crawford’s first win.

Aliyah vs. Mandy went to a no contest

Nia Jax entered to her music and destroyed then both.

Manny Andrade beat Alexander Wolfe

There was a strong live event reaction for Manny once the bell rang. Wolfe tried to grind him down and even hit a huge front slam for a believable near fall. Manny went for a moonsault, landed on his feet and did a standing moonsault on to Wolfe who had rolled back. Finish was Manny hitting the running knees for the win.

Sawyer Fulton beat Dallas Harper

This was the in-ring debut for the 6’9” Dallas Harper, but Sawyer won quick with a powerful slam.

Zack Ryder beat Angelo Dawkins

Big reaction for Zack who hit all his big spots including the dropkick, attempted Broski boot, and the Rough Ryder for the win. Dawkins was jaw jacking with no one in particular as per usual.

Levis Valenzuela beat Tucker Knight

The Silver Boots Band of fans was pro-Tucker for this one, cheering him on and singing his song. This led Levis to ask Knight if he was going to dance, but Tucker was all business tonight and refused. We got a lot of power by Knight who kept Levis grounded or slammed until Valenzuela fired up and nailed the windup punch for the win.

- In ring promo by Selmani and Dhinsa. They entered to Roman Reigns’ NXT theme and called themselves beasts. These two are HUGE.

Daria won via DQ over Emma w/ Dana Brooke

Emma was in control for most of the match, yet Daria caught her in some MMA-esque moves to get the advantage. Dana got involved for the DQ, and Emma held Daria in the Emma Lock submission well after the bell. Dana and Emma celebrated as if it was a victory.

American Alpha beat NXT Tag Team Champions The Revival and BAMF in a non-title triple threat match

Dash & Dawson were billed as The Revival tonight for the first time. Alpha looked great early on as BAMF were the comedy heels, Murphy was screaming a high pitch shriek while in holds. The champs were wrestling a much more rugged style, at one point Dawson was laying in chops on Murphy and later took control of Gable’s leg to wear down the match. A long build for the Jason Jordan hot tag was well worth it as the place erupted. Suplexes for all, catching people diving on him, big drop kicks, the straps were down. Gable then tagged in and Alpha finished off The Revival with the assisted suplex for the win.

"Philly" results

2/18 WWE NXT in Upper Darby, PA at the Tower Theater quick results:

*Enzo Amore and Big Cass defeated the Vaudevillains.

*Carmella defeated Peyton Royce by submission.

*Apollo Crews defeated Elias Sampson.

*WWE NXT Women's champion Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss with the Bayley to Belly.

*Intermission 

*Sami Zayn defeated Alex Riley with the Helluva Kick.

*Asuka defeated Eva Marie with the Asuka Lock.

*Austin Aries and WWE NXT champion Finn Balor defeated Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin. 

Looks like we have Alexa, Blake and Murphy were in Fl. I kind of want to see Eva just for the reaction.

Well Alexa wrestled Bayley and Eva wrestled Asuka in Philly

So you and Eddie should get to see everyone you wanted

I still love the name for Bayley's finisher but it always looks like either the worker taking the movie is sandbagging or Bayley isn't strong enough to get the snap on the move before the impact.  

She should probably stop using it after set-up spots and go for more of a flash finisher feel.

Go to Google Translate

WTF???

Means there's a wrestling fan at Google who stuck that into the code. Neither "Sami Zayn" nor the other thing are English words.

I just tried this for shits and giggles. I thought it was pretty funny. 

Go to Google Translate

WTF???

I just tried this for shits and giggles. I thought it was pretty funny. 

Maybe they are testing out adding "WWE speak" and "Real world" to the drop down menus.

Go to Google Translate

WTF???

Well, RIPPA, this explains it.  

I didn't see it before because I have Greggulator on Ignore.  Mainly because he couldn't find Carmen Sandiego. 

• Like 1