DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

#1 Boo Cristobal.

I was at the show ringside (I'm in the orange shirt in the Owens/Zayn video).

First match was Enzo/Cass v. Dash/Dawson for the tag titles pretty good match

Second was Carmella v. Alexa which was a lot of holds back and forth that led to nothing but the transitions were pretty smooth. Carmella is using a flatliner before locking in her heads scissors submission.

Third match was Bull Dempsey v. Elias Sampson. Sampson came out through the crowd (which was super packed, I think they oversold for the space). Match was ok, Bull came out with a cheesehead which Sampson kicked into the crowd before tearing into pieces.

Fourth match was Bayley v. Nia for the Womens title. Part of me thinks that there could be a heel Bayley if they ever play up her being super cocky now that she's the champ. Bayley won with the Belly to Bayley.

Fifth match the Campia v. Zayn this was fun. Big spot was Zayn kicking out of a top rope Air Raid Cash. After the match Zayn did a rah rah NXT promo which brought out Owens.

Sixth match was Eva v. Peyton Royce. Big boos for Eva. As an aside, I did not realize how nice looking Eva is until seeing her in person.

Main event was Crews/Corbin/Balor. Fun match Corbin got whipped to the guard rail perpendicular from the one by me but it was with enough force that the rail by me crashed into my shoulder. After the match Balor took some photos with kid next to me with the full Demon face paint. He then looked at me and said "Have a good one boys" and slapped me in the chest pretty hard.

Fun show and these were the best seats I've ever had to a wrestling show in my life.

• Like 3

#1 Boo Cristobal.

I was at the show ringside (I'm in the orange shirt in the Owens/Zayn video).

First match was Enzo/Cass v. Dash/Dawson for the tag titles pretty good match

Second was Carmella v. Alexa which was a lot of holds back and forth that led to nothing but the transitions were pretty smooth. Carmella is using a flatliner before locking in her heads scissors submission.

Third match was Bull Dempsey v. Elias Sampson. Sampson came out through the crowd (which was super packed, I think they oversold for the space). Match was ok, Bull came out with a cheesehead which Sampson kicked into the crowd before tearing into pieces.

Fourth match was Bayley v. Nia for the Womens title. Part of me thinks that there could be a heel Bayley if they ever play up her being super cocky now that she's the champ. Bayley won with the Belly to Bayley.

Fifth match the Campia v. Zayn this was fun. Big spot was Zayn kicking out of a top rope Air Raid Cash. After the match Zayn did a rah rah NXT promo which brought out Owens.

Sixth match was Eva v. Peyton Royce. Big boos for Eva. As an aside, I did not realize how nice looking Eva is until seeing her in person.

Main event was Crews/Corbin/Balor. Fun match Corbin got whipped to the guard rail perpendicular from the one by me but it was with enough force that the rail by me crashed into my shoulder. After the match Balor took some photos with kid next to me with the full Demon face paint. He then looked at me and said "Have a good one boys" and slapped me in the chest pretty hard.

Fun show and these were the best seats I've ever had to a wrestling show in my life.

Next time prove him wrong by getting us a fancam.

Bayley hit Murphy with the B2B a couple months ago and it looked pretty normal. Bayley's a good enough athlete that she can lift 200+ pounds off the ground from that position, so as long as her opponent can jump a little, the move is pretty easy.

Bayley hit Murphy with the B2B a couple months ago and it looked pretty normal. Bayley's a good enough athlete that she can lift 200+ pounds off the ground from that position, so as long as her opponent can jump a little, the move is pretty easy.

Well, a good 75% of that was Murphy.  Plus, I'm not convinced that Nia can jump, even a little.  Any videos out there?

Well, a good 75% of that was Murphy.  Plus, I'm not convinced that Nia can jump, even a little.  Any videos out there?

A) Is that supposed to offer proof that she can jump or that she can't?  2) I meant video of the B2B on Nia.

A) Is that supposed to offer proof that she can jump or that she can't?  2) I meant video of the B2B on Nia.

It gives proof enough that Nia can jump at least a little for the move.

Throw in the elephant in the room of "Everyone politely ignores it because of how much we all love Bayley, but the B2B isn't exactly a well-executed belly-to-belly suplex", and the fact the B2B isn't very well executed makes it easier for Bayley to do it to people like Murphy or Nia (since Bayley goes more to the side instead of up and over, it's far easier to do the move on people who are heavier than if Bayley did a traditional belly-to-belly suplex.) 

Throw in the elephant in the room of "Everyone politely ignores it because of how much we all love Bayley, but the B2B isn't exactly a well-executed belly-to-belly suplex", and the fact the B2B isn't very well executed makes it easier for Bayley to do it to people like Murphy or Nia (since Bayley goes more to the side instead of up and over, it's far easier to do the move on people who are heavier than if Bayley did a traditional belly-to-belly suplex.) 

As we have seen thru the years, it is more on the receiver than Bayley to make the move look good.  Charlotte has fucked it up for years, Sasha and Alexa (I think) are the best.

As we have seen thru the years, it is more on the receiver than Bayley to make the move look good.  Charlotte has fucked it up for years, Sasha and Alexa (I think) are the best.

Is it a coincidence that the two who have taken it the best are both super tiny and light, easier for Bayley to actually muscle up?

• Like 2

Is it a coincidence that the two who have taken it the best are both super tiny and light, easier for Bayley to actually muscle up?

The reason the smaller girls look so good is because they were smaller than Bayley so they can jump up and take it.  Charlotte never really timed her jump right but she can't jump up too high either because she's taller than Bayley.  I remember one where Bayley just sorta flung her down instead of getting her in the air.  Murphy is perfect here.

7oT1pUr.gif

Long story short, I need to see a video of Bayley B2B'ing Nia.

Wrestling has gotten so far away from the original B2B that when I saw Magnum's for the first time (a few weeks ago when they put up all the old NWA stuff) it looked so much more effective than the loosey goosey throws Angle's been doing for years.