DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

It just baffles me that no one at the Performance Center can teach Cass to throw a halfway decent looking punch. A guy his size, he barely needs much more than a good punch to rule the world, yet they continue to let him throw those limp-wristed shots that connect behind his shoulder. They're the Randy Orton clothesline of punches.

Can they not get Lawler in for a seminar?

Bad news for anyone going at least to the Green Bay show - Jordan & Gable will not be there. (Per JJ on his Twitter)

I am wondering if this means they aren't on that whole tour

Bad news for anyone going at least to the Green Bay show - Jordan & Gable will not be there. (Per JJ on his Twitter)

Ugh, that sucks, I'm going to that show and Jordan & Gable were one of the teams I was looking forward to see most.  Another tweet from him says he won't be in Chicago either.  It's odd, since they're mentioned the press release as being there, at least the Green Bay one at least.

It just baffles me that no one at the Performance Center can teach Cass to throw a halfway decent looking punch. A guy his size, he barely needs much more than a good punch to rule the world, yet they continue to let him throw those limp-wristed shots that connect behind his shoulder. They're the Randy Orton clothesline of punches.

Can they not get Lawler in for a seminar?

The funny/sad thing is that they actually hired someone to be a "striking coach"--Seth Petruzelli, the guy who made Kimbo Slice his bitch a few years back in EliteXC.

Jordan & Gable are on the main roster tour of India next weekend, I'm fairly sure. Facing those two dudes from India they signed, both nights.

So I was able to nab a single ticket to NXT Detroit/Royal Oak on the pre-sale, but nobody else I know was able to get a ticket. Now I'm faced with going to the show by myself, which isn't a huge deal for me. But I really want to know who's going to be on the show before I make the call to go it alone or try to sell my ticket. It would be awesome to see Sami Zayn live in an intimate atmosphere before he gets the call up to the main roster, but I think he'll be debuting at the Rumble and may not possibly be on the mid-west loop. Are there any confirmations yet about who will and who will not be making the mid-west loop?

So I was able to nab a single ticket to NXT Detroit/Royal Oak on the pre-sale, but nobody else I know was able to get a ticket. Now I'm faced with going to the show by myself, which isn't a huge deal for me. But I really want to know who's going to be on the show before I make the call to go it alone or try to sell my ticket. It would be awesome to see Sami Zayn live in an intimate atmosphere before he gets the call up to the main roster, but I think he'll be debuting at the Rumble and may not possibly be on the mid-west loop. Are there any confirmations yet about who will and who will not be making the mid-west loop?

Looks like The Vaudevillains, Hype Bros, Emma & Asuka are staying in Florida that weekend for their loop and will not be in Detroit or Pittsburgh according to WWE.com. 

Apollo Crews is also advertised for Detroit/Pittsburgh along with Balor/Joe/Corbin/Bayley.

Kinda bummed not to see Asuka.

Enzo just tweeted a photo of himself, Finn and Tye Dillinger on the plane using the hashtag NXT Milwaukee - so add Dillinger and Enzo/Cass to the list (Balor had been advertised so at least they didn't pull him for something else)

Enzo just tweeted a photo of himself, Finn and Tye Dillinger on the plane using the hashtag NXT Milwaukee - so add Dillinger and Enzo/Cass to the list (Balor had been advertised so at least they didn't pull him for something else)

That makes me want an NXT Lethal Lottery Trios Tournament for some reason.

The only two females I see are Bayley/Carmella - I have to feel like they are going to work as a tag team instead of practicing their match

Peyton and someone I guess

Why would they hire a shoot fighter to teach worked punches??

To be fair, from wrestlers I've spoken to, some things just come really hard to people and may never be realised. Granted these are local indy guys, but I imagine the same for the pros. RVD can't throw a punch for shit for example, he's had 25 years to learn with some of the all time greats. Jericho also said recently he can't hit a legdrop. So I can appreciate what comes easy to some may not come easy to others. 

The only two females I see are Bayley/Carmella - I have to feel like they are going to work as a tag team instead of practicing their match

Peyton and someone I guess

Alexa, Peyton, Nia and Eva Marie are all on the trip.

Looks like Sami is on the trip too, even though he wasn't advertised.  That makes up for the lack of Jordan/Gable and Asuka.