DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I think I figured out the best way to handle NXT Discussion.

Of course I will probably change my mind in a month.

Meanwhile - they announced more NXT Touring dates

Thursday 2/4 in Memphis, TN at Minglewood Hall.

Friday 2/5 in Nashville at the War Memorial Auditorium.

Saturday 2/6 in Indianapolis, Indiana at The Egyptian Room of The Old National Centre.

Thursday 2/18 in Upper Darby, PA (right outside Philadelphia) at The Tower Theater.

Friday 2/19 in Asbury Park, NJ at the Boardwalk Hall (site of several ECW PPVs).

Saturday 2/20 in Albany, NY at the National Guard Armory.

Those tickets go on sale 1/8

Shit. Philly AND Asbury are both doable. Philly's on a Thursday night. Might make it easier to get tix that will no doubt sell-out in three minutes. My best buds from home are all angling for Asbury on Friday. Bigger venue and a nice day trip from my house. Damn. This is going to be fun.

They slightly boned themselves with the schedule - since if either Philly or Asbury was on Saturday - I could see them adding a 2nd show like they did with Chicago

I doubt they will add it for Albany

Asbury gentrified a couple years ago and has a fucking ton of nice places to chill out before/after the show now too.

Yeah, I head to Asbury once every few months. I've spent way too much money at Silverball.

It's completely insane to me that Asbury's a thing now. I stopped going to shows at the Stone Pony or Convention Center. That town was the worst place and a total nighmare. I don't know what was scarier: The abandoned haunted houses or the completely half-built Jenga towers of never-completed hotels scumbag redevelopers built before running off with city money (and giving some to council people along the way).

"Paying crackheads to not fuck up your car" was sadly not added into ticket prices. That would have been an easier transaction.

No one who has only been there the past five years believes it when I tell them it was the biggest shithole.

ALSO: On a separate note, does anyone else think Emma and Dana Brooke is the best part of NXT right now? They're my favorites. I think my favorite thing in NXT the past few weeks was when Emma and Dana tried to set Asuka up for a generic heel distraction beating. I loved how Emma ran up from behind with an all-black hoodie over her head. I just love that thought process as a disguise so much. "No one will know it's me, even though it's a well-lit arena and I revealed last week what our plan is!"

NXT in New Jersey? Fuck Yes. I remember the days of going to shows at the Stone Pony and The Saint or seeing the Warped Tour in an empty lot, where a hotel once stood. Of course, ECW running Asbury when it was a shithole was just a natural fit.

16 Superstars to watch in 2016

• Seth Rollins
  • Apollo Crews
  • Samoa Joe
  • Sasha Banks
  • Kevin Owens
  • Jason Jordan & Chad Gable
  • Asuka
  • Braun Strowman
  • Cesaro
  • Dana Brooke
  • Hideo Itami
  • Corey Graves
  • Eva Marie
  • Neville
  • Kalisto
  • Peyton Royce

NXT’s Dana Brooke calls herself the “Total Diva” and she has earned the right to do so. The blond bombshell is a former diver, gymnast, bodybuilder and fitness competitor who won four National Physique Committee (NPC) titles before earning her International Federation of BodyBuilding & Fitness (IFBB) pro card. Brooke has applied her amazing body control and tenacity for athletic excellence toward achieving sports-entertainment excellence, and has become a force in NXT’s uber-competitive Women’s Division. By the end of 2016, I expect to see Brooke wearing the NXT Women’s Championship. — JOEY STYLES

This was nearly the year that Corey Graves returned to civilian life after finding out that injuries were going to prevent him from punching people in the face for a living. Instead, the past 365 days have seen the onetime “Savior of Misbehavior” reinvent himself as WWE’s most promising new commentator. If you’ve heard the splenetic Graves acting like the smartest guy in the booth on WWE NXT, then you probably understand the comparisons to Jesse Ventura, a fellow pro-turned-talking head who liked to root for the bad guys. Graves has a long way to go if he wants to match the achievements of The Body — Ventura’s a top five color man — but he’s already on his way. — RYAN MURPHY  

The year 2015 was a breakout one for NXT’s women. Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch and Bayley all made their mark on the sports-entertainment world in a huge way. But as the current crop of female competitors ascends to new heights, the next generation is ready to take over.

Expect Peyton Royce to be at the forefront of the NXT Women’s Division in 2016. The Australian newcomer has put in solid performances since making her WWE Network debut in late 2015, including a match where she took NXT Women’s Champion Bayley to the limit just one week before TakeOver: London. Armed with an arsenal of kicks that are equal parts graceful and devastating, Peyton will do big things in 2016. — BOBBY MELOK

Karl Anderson's been teasing joining the Balor Club/NXT for a while now so that wouldn't be surprising.  

It might be a little more surprising due to his history, but with all the videos on UpUpDownDown recently, Kenny Omega's appearances would presumably mark him as the second one. (Considering his issues were with DeMott, that puts it barely into "feasible".)

Well Anderson plugging the Balor Club is less about him going to NXT but more doing this "we are edgy because we are talking about WWE guys" thing.  I mean when the Young Bucks talks about Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn I seriously doubt it means they are going to NXT.   

The main question that I worry is whether Matt Bloom who you have to think is leading this is going to be helpful to his friends or NXT.  I mean there are some great tag teams right now but if Bloom has to choose between Anderson & Gallows or Jason Jordan & Chad Gable then we know the answer.  

Styles in NXT is intriguing given that he said he would never work a developmental in WWE.  Of course that was before NXT became basically the 3rd and most popular brand of the company

Not really related, and probably should go in the WrestleKingdom thread, but why did the Young Bucks shout out Neville and Kevin Owens last night?

Because it's the Young Bucks and they can?

I mean I really don't think it goes beyond that.

• Like 1

I didn't know if there was a reasoning behind it or anything. I'm not trying to insinuate that they're the two Bullet Club members that put in their notice, since they're locked in with ROH, it was just something that caught my attention. I know they have history with Owens from PWG, but didn't know about them and Neville being friendly or whatever.

Just an innocent question, sir :P