DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

On the subject of free: you have until Friday to get Omikron: The Nomad Soul (David Cage/Quantic Dream's first game, starring David Bowie as both a character voice and contributor of music) free on the Square Enix online store. It's still $10 on Steam and Gog.

And sold. I've been wanting to play XCOM on the PC for awhile, but getting everything else is awesome, namely, all of the Civ stuff. Speaking of, if I already have Civ 5, can I still gift that to someone else?

And sold. I've been wanting to play XCOM on the PC for awhile, but getting everything else is awesome, namely, all of the Civ stuff. Speaking of, if I already have Civ 5, can I still gift that to someone else?

No reason you can't email the Steam code to a friend.

Except that they bundle the codes into three packs. Lame, as I have most of the games but missing one or two things from each pack.

I have almost all the Civ stuff, but none of the XCOM stuff. I bought it for XCOM and (finally!) Starships for cheap. Maybe Starships will make Beyond Earth fun to play.

Fresh, you should play Civ. Civ V is easier, so start with that, and then go backward to Civ IV, as weird as it sounds. Everyone should play Civ, though, IMO. 

You can play a game across many sessions, too, if you want, though I get sucked down a well and lose most of a Sunday or whatever when I play. I'm trying to stay away from a Civ IV game I have started for the week at the moment. 

• Like 1

Except that they bundle the codes into three packs. Lame, as I have most of the games but missing one or two things from each pack.

Ugh. Sorry, hadn't seen a HB like that before. I'm used to a different code for each download.  Hope I didn't inadvertently say something that caused someone to spend money they shouldn't have.

Ugh. Sorry, hadn't seen a HB like that before. I'm used to a different code for each download.  Hope I didn't inadvertently say something that caused someone to spend money they shouldn't have.

No. I noticed the bundling of them, but I still got a ton of stuff anyway.

I've found it difficult to get going. Just seems really difficult to establish oneself, which is fine but I don't have the patience for it because when I was playing it, it was still pretty rough around the edges. It's come a long way over the past year or so from what I've seen, so it's not like it's going to be abandoned or where it is now in another 6 months.

Is it possible to get thru the XBoxOne store, or do you have to get it via the link on the XBox website?. I assume once you get the game it syncs with your XBox account & downloads it to the XBox One instead of the 360?. 

You have to do it through the site for the 360 games, but it does show up in your "ready to download" on the XB1.