DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

Yeah, I've had a few of the Genesis Classics games for ages. There are five $7.50 packs (and 4-5 have between them the Streets of Rage trilogy, the Shining Force and Phantasy Star games, and a bunch of Treasure). The other 3 are less interesting, but hey. Space Harrier II.

Just gotten into PC games as i've bought a new half decent PC. Right when there's no 'big' games on sale on Steam, typical. I know of other sites that do deals such as CD Keys, are there other legit good sites with decent prices?

Throwing myself on your mercy :)

Just gotten into PC games as i've bought a new half decent PC. Right when there's no 'big' games on sale on Steam, typical. I know of other sites that do deals such as CD Keys, are there other legit good sites with decent prices?

Marvel Heroes 2016 is free :)

March PSN games: 

Broforce (PS4)
Galak-Z (PS4)
Super Stardust HD (PS3)
The Last Guy (PS3)
Flame Over (PS Vita)
Reality Fighters (PS Vita)

Excited to see Galak-Z as I've really wanted to try it looks like the kind of thing I'll be dreadful at.

Worth the time to download it? Worth the hard drive space?

I bought it on PC and am still putting it on my PS4.  Game is fun as fuck.  Like way more than it looks.  If you like 80s action movies, get it.  If you don't like 80s action movies, I don't think we can be friends

Xbox Live Games With Gold For March 2016

[Xbox One] Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (Mar 1 - 31)

[Xbox One] Lords of the Fallen (Mar 16 - Apr 15)

[Xbox 360] Supreme Commander 2 (Mar 1 - 15)

[Xbox 360} Borderlands (Mar 16 - 31)

PS Plus: Free Games for March 2016

Broforce, PS4

Galak-Z, PS4

Flame Over, PS Vita

Reality Fighters, PS Vita

The Last Guy, PS3

Super Stardust HD, PS3

Galak-Z is great, but hard as fuck. I've never finished the first campaign. Three games I already have (boh PS3 games and Galak), one I have on PC (Broforce) and an AR game on Vita. Worst month in ages for me value wise, even though all of the non-Vita games range from decent to amazing.

Edit: a word.

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/browse/vault-games

Marvel Heroes 2016 is free :)

I'll give it a go as the price is right, any decent F2P games worth checking out? 

I'm unsure on what to do in regards to Origin Access. It's £3.99 a month with the following games:

Battlefield 3, 4, Hardline (4 and Hardline Digital Deluxe)

SimCity

Fifa 15

PvZ: Garden Warfare (1)

NfS Rivals: Complete Edition

Dead Space 1, 2, 3

Dragon Age 2, Origins, Inquisition

Sims 3

This War Of Mine

Torchlight II

Now the problem is I only really want Dragon Age Inquisition which is available for £14.99 - roughly four months of the subscription price. I have SIms 3 and i'm half interested in the NfS game but that's it. Drawback is I wont get to keep DA:I once I stop subscribing, although if i'm not that bothered about it i've only wasted £8 over two months of playing, as you can cancel at any time. They're promising to add new games regularly too.

I'm putting this here as it's possibly a deal for those who haven't heard about this service.

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/browse/vault-games

Edit 1: There's a six hour 'trial' of the game to download so i'm going to give that a go. 26gb for a trial!

No idea how long it lasts, but BestBuy has Shadow of Mordor: GOTY Edition for $14.99 ($11.99 if you're part of their club).  

It's today only. I thought about getting it, but I have exceeded my backlog way more than I wanted to initially, and I'll have other opportunities to get it for that cheap.

Until Dawn is $23.99 right now.  Worth it?

I personally loved it, but it depends on your personal taste.

It's more of an interactive story, where you have to make decisions that will impact how the story will play out. In that way it's probably most comparable to the Telltale games. The whole thing can be finished in 10 hours or so.

If that's not your thing, then don't buy it.

• Like 1