DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

PSN Store has a pretty nice deal going on EA games through Monday. Lots of heavy discounts on sports games, Battlefront/field, NBA Jam and Fight Night on PS3, and Dragon Age Inquisition. 

Is that Bulletstorm game any good? And if not, is it worth it for the tiny price? Might get ME2 while it's cheap, even though I own the disc. Cerberus pack not available on second hand.

NHL for 20 and Rory PGA for 13 for PS4...what say you guys?

Do you have the last NHL game? I've only put a few hours into 16 but it seems like practically the same game as 15 from the bits I played at a friend's. I bought Fight Night, PGA, and NBA Jam but I've only played the latter and it's pretty damn good. Complaints about PGA at its release were based around EA skimping on features. For that price, I'd imagine I'll get good value out of it.

Do you have the last NHL game? I've only put a few hours into 16 but it seems like practically the same game as 15 from the bits I played at a friend's. I bought Fight Night, PGA, and NBA Jam but I've only played the latter and it's pretty damn good. Complaints about PGA at its release were based around EA skimping on features. For that price, I'd imagine I'll get good value out of it.
I have 14 on the ps3. From the reviews, I don't know that I'd miss the missing features in PGA. Apparently, EA added some stuff back, too. The updates also add multiple new courses too. For $13,might just be a good value for a current gen golf game.

If I have the first PS4 Need for Speed, is the new one worth it?

I like it more than Rivals - the game is a lot more stable and doesn't crash half the time. I'd rather have more straight racing in it vs drift events though. But overall, it's fun. I got it for $24 during the Christmas PSN sale and I think that was a good price.

The Rory game is one of the worst golf games in years. I paid full price for it and put it down a day later. Complete garbage.
Can you elaborate?

Steam's Make Love Not War program is going on.

Currently Free for a couple days: Golden Axe (Genesis Edition), Hell Yeah! and JET SET FUCKING RADIO!!!!

And Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2, Company of Heroes 2, and Total War (specifically, Atilla) are your games at 75% off that count toward the rewards.

By the way, this is weird and not obvious so I'll point it out. You won't actually find Golden Axe in your Steam catalog as "Golden Axe". Scroll down and look for something called "SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics". I am assuming this is some sort of licensed emulation software that runs old SEGA products sold on Steam. This is really, really not obvious and pretty unusual for a Steam product to be labelled so obtusely, but there you go.