DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

So we can have mischief in the ROH 2016 thread, but no MsChif in the actual 2016 ROH. Something about that isn't right.

Was late in watching the syndicated shows. I want to say that Faye Jackson's first actual in ring match was featured on the first WOH-centric episode this year, so yes, green indeed.

At what point does Castle actually get a title?

14 hours ago, zev said:

So we can have mischief in the ROH 2016 thread, but no MsChif in the actual 2016 ROH. Something about that isn't right.

Was late in watching the syndicated shows. I want to say that Faye Jackson's first actual in ring match was featured on the first WOH-centric episode this year, so yes, green indeed.

At what point does Castle actually get a title?

To be fair unless she's done some non-TVWOH stuff MsChief hasn't really been around much.  But I get what you mean.

Faye's first match was indeed on the first special against ODB.  I am pretty forgiving about her being greener than grass considering we're seeing her from the very start on TV.  Maybe a year off TV would have helped her.

As for Castle I'm calling it now, he gets TV title either at or before the Best in the World PPV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Has MsChif even wrestled since she and Elgin had their kid?

So far as I know, she hasn't wrestled since mid-2014.  If she has been in a match, I missed it and so did Google and cagematch.net.

Per the Glory Pro twitter feed (Elgin's promotion), she's going to appear on their February show to make an announcement about her career.

As someone who has followed Dalton Castle's career closely ever since he was in IWC years ago  I can honestly say he deserves all the praise he is getting. The guy is a class act and I hate to throw this name out but he reminds me of Larry Sweeney in both antics and quirkiness.  ROH has really become flavor of the month to me.  When NJPW was the rage  we would get the joint NJPW shows and after awhile of seeing the same names it became stale.  Now with UK/Brit style becoming the rage we are getting that.  I am ok with it marginally but when it becomes too much and you cannot book for your core roster it becomes a problem. 

• Like 4

I didn't pay enough attention to that segment to say if you misheard or not, so I'm going with that you heard it correctly.

If I had the ear of any ROH bookers, one thing I might mention is that naming a heel group "The Rebellion" during the same month that Rogue One comes out doesn't sound right. What are they rebelling against anyway, the paychecks and title matches that have come their way?

14 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Did I mishear or did Lio Rush actually tell The Rebellion "you wouldn't know me if Wikipedia bit you on the ass"?  He deserved that beating they gave him.

Yep, he said it  I really like the guy, but man did I cringe hearing that.

18 hours ago, zev said:

I didn't pay enough attention to that segment to say if you misheard or not, so I'm going with that you heard it correctly.

If I had the ear of any ROH bookers, one thing I might mention is that naming a heel group "The Rebellion" during the same month that Rogue One comes out doesn't sound right. What are they rebelling against anyway, the paychecks and title matches that have come their way?

Maybe they're rebelling against Hunter Johnston's booking.

This weekend's syndicated ep. features Ospreay vs. Fish.

And then...

Spoiler

Ospreay and Fish in a "dream match" vs. The Bucks.

The finish of that led to Scrull vs. Ospreay.

The finish of the Bucks v Ospreay/Scrull match was insane. For those who didn't see it, the Bucks had Scurll in the tombstone position preparing for the Meltzer Driver. As Nick (or Matt, not sure) springboarded to the top rope, Ospreay springboarded to the perpendicular top rope and executed a rana on Nick. The momentum from the rana made Nick do a somersault and somehow The Bucks were able to complete the Meltzer Driver.

My description doesn't do it justice.  There has to be an animated GIF out there somewhere.

• RIPPA locked this topic