DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

So the show in Duluth was actually all types of amazing. I truly enjoyed myself and was legitimately shocked and the ending of the Liger match. Also, War Machine vs. Big Guns (Zeus/Bodyguard) and Strong BJ need to happen ASAP. The main event was actually amazing and told a great story. The wrestlers all gave the crowd what they wanted especially my section who pretty much all hammered and getting themselves over (I admit I joined a couple of times).

My match of the night probably was Gresham/Rush (with the main and the War Machine tag coming after that) as the fans weren't familiar and Gresham really worked the arm over Anderson style which was well appreciated since Georgia loves the Andersons. They'll be in Center Stage in January which I think is perfect, and I'll probably go back again.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, zev said:

Watching Mschif vs. Del Rey from an ROH PPV. When did they stop recognizing the Shimmer champ as their default Women's champ?

It was around the time Dave Prazak stopped doing commentary for ROH, which was around 2012 IIRC. Prazak founded Shimmer along with Allison Danger. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, Web Conn said:

I'm liking Cole a lot better as leader of The Bullet Club then I ever did

I hate it.  Kenny Omega is the leader of the Bullet Club in Japan so he should be the leader in ROH

ROH needs to throw buckets and buckets of money at him so I can see this on my television every weekend:

• Like 3

If there is any element of the Bullet Club where the ball has been completely dropped it is the GoD.  I shake my head every time they work a match.

You two gentlemen are the heirs apparent to the Faces of Fear.  You do not need a polished move set or a fucking crispy clean double team finisher. You both need to beat guys up until they nearly die and punt them really hard in the jaw for the finish.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I didnt think they were all that during their couple weeks in cmll.

They're not all that and it is sad.   A tag team composed of gigantic Pacific Island heels dressed in all black and wearing skull face paint should be nuclear over, but it is not.

How is this gimmick failing so miserably?

On 9/29/2016 at 10:09 AM, J.T. said:

I hate it.  Kenny Omega is the leader of the Bullet Club in Japan so he should be the leader in ROH

ROH needs to throw buckets and buckets of money at him so I can see this on my television every weekend:

It has nothing to do with money. Kenny's got visa issues and can't come to the US right now.

I liked Tama Tonga when he had his little solo sojourn to CMLL.  He really never got a chance to show much in NJPW until recently.  Same for his brother in WWE and TNA.  I think there's a good team there with Tonga as the cocky athletic guy and Loa as the laid back muscle but the gimmick with the paint isn't clicking.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:12 PM, Ace said:

It has nothing to do with money. Kenny's got visa issues and can't come to the US right now.

I did not think my quasi-facetious remark would be taken so seriously. :)

BTW, last week's TV was really fun with the Field of Honor matches.  Fish-EVIL was...you know...whatever.  But Elgin-Dijak was all right (And I greatly dislike Elgin's current character/incarnation, so that's high praise from me), while the main event of Lio/MCMG/ACH vs Takahashi/Hangman/Bucks was one of the most entertaining matches I've seen in a while.  ACH's dive that took him almost to second base was unreal.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A double Van Terminator with bonus basement dropkick in themiddle of it only netted a 2 count on a member of the Cabinet.

Kincaid's team could've been made men if they'd have been given the 3 off of that combo.

With that said, solid matches through the hour. I'd like to see War Machine vs. Taylor and Lee in a Fight Without Honor at Final Battle.

I know I give Corino grief for his commentary style. But during this week's MCMG vs Naito/Evil match,  Kevin Kelly said, "The Guns doing what the Guns do best." Corino replied, "Pointing at their hands?"

I had a legit LOL.

• Like 2

This Dungeon of Doom 2k16 angle is the drizzling shits.  Sullivan sounded like an old guy with Alzheimer's babbling incoherently.  Middle age suburban dad Steve Corino isn't someone I can buy doing much of anything in the ring, much less being part of some evil occult brotherhood.  Punishment Martinez is pretty cool though.  Hopefully this crap angle doesn't drag him down too bad and he's able to do something more interesting with the company afterwards.

I've seen a bit more of Gresham lately in CZW and other places and if he wasn't like 5'2'' he'd have a bright future as he's got great fundamentals.

Rest of the show was solid.  Was Ladder Wars worth watching as a whole?