DVDVR Message Board

2016 US Indy General Discussion (if it doesn't already have a thread)

Anybody going to House of Hardcore in Joppa?  Looks like a fun show coming up.  From WO's Daily Update:

The Joppa show, on FloSlam, has Tommy Dreamer & James Ellsworth vs. The Spirit Squad, John Hennigan (Mundo) vs. Rey Fenix, Brian Cage vs. Moose, Jessicka Havok vs. Taya plus Brooklyn Brawler, Kikutaro, Sonjay Dutt, Eddie Kingston, Brandon Scott and more.

I could have sworn Ellsworth signed a WWE contract, I guess he is honoring previous commitments.  But Mundo/Ray Fenix, Cage vs Moose?  Hell yeah, that sounds like a pretty damn good time.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:57 PM, DTTW said:

Wrestlers - pills and weed.

a grinder, a bag of marijuana, hypodermic needles, baggies, suspected mushrooms, multiple purple pill capsules of an unknown substance, a rock like substance suspected of heroin, multiple glass vials of an unknown substance suspected to be steroids and white residue with a cut drinking straw alongside Colby’s driver’s license.

Yeah, he's fucked.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/colby-corino-arrest-report/#.WEdFJeYrKM9

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

An unresponsive person isn't a reason?

I don't know how things work now a days but I've gotten lucky a few times because the cops overstepped what they were supposed to be doing. 

If all that stuff was just laying around, Colby is an idiot and yeah he's probably fucked, but cops start snooping around on an unrelated reason, well the line starts to blur and you'd be wise to get a shark lawyer.

Just because someone is unconscious doesn't mean they're dealings drugs.

4 hours ago, DTTW said:

I don't know how things work now a days but I've gotten lucky a few times because the cops overstepped what they were supposed to be doing. 

If all that stuff was just laying around, Colby is an idiot and yeah he's probably fucked, but cops start snooping around on an unrelated reason, well the line starts to blur and you'd be wise to get a shark lawyer.

Just because someone is unconscious doesn't mean they're dealings drugs.

That's a lot of shit he had. Yeah, he's got some real legal issues upcoming, but the kid is lucky he's not dead. I hope the white powder wasn't coke, and I hope he wasn't speedballing. Being unconscious doesn't mean he's dealing; but the quantity, needles, and baggies certainly make it look like he was dealing and using. Whether it's jail or in-patient rehab, he needs to be as far away from wrestling as fucking possible. 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's a lot of shit he had. Yeah, he's got some real legal issues upcoming, but the kid is lucky he's not dead. I hope the white powder wasn't coke, and I hope he wasn't speedballing. Being unconscious doesn't mean he's dealing; but the quantity, needles, and baggies certainly make it look like he was dealing and using. Whether it's jail or in-patient rehab, he needs to be as far away from wrestling as fucking possible. 

Oh agreed sir. My point was we don't know all the details on what exactly went down and, as I sadly know from first hand experience, that can make a huge difference on things when it comes to charges.

12 hours ago, DTTW said:

"You don't want a criminal lawyer...you want a CRIMINAL lawyer."

• Like 2

19 hours ago, kafkonia said:

I heard something about Ultra Mantis Black possibly hinting at a comeback over the weekend - is it true? He's the one who got me interested in Chikara in the first place and a return might get me interested in it again.

This could get complicated. Grab a snack.

This season, Hallowicked and Frightmare used the Eye of Tyr to hex UMB, who was in a wheelchair, and become the host of Nazmaldun. Over the season, they hexed a number of wrestlers, and this weekend the Cinernetico was between them and CHIKARA's hero team. The good guys won, and Ophidian took the Eye of Tyr and returned UMB to normal; after that, UMB rose from the chair, rolled into the ring to confront Wicked, and shouted "I KNOW EVERYTHING."

Looks like Season 17's big angle will be UMB chasing Wicked, and if it leads to a comeback, hopefully it leads to UMB winning the Grand Championship from Wicked.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

This could get complicated. Grab a snack.

This season, Hallowicked and Frightmare used the Eye of Tyr to hex UMB, who was in a wheelchair, and become the host of Nazmaldun. Over the season, they hexed a number of wrestlers, and this weekend the Cinernetico was between them and CHIKARA's hero team. The good guys won, and Ophidian took the Eye of Tyr and returned UMB to normal; after that, UMB rose from the chair, rolled into the ring to confront Wicked, and shouted "I KNOW EVERYTHING."

Looks like Season 17's big angle will be UMB chasing Wicked, and if it leads to a comeback, hopefully it leads to UMB winning the Grand Championship from Wicked.

I haven't watched any Chikara from this season despite being a pretty big fan of their past product (mainly pre-hiatus).  Are there any shows from this year you'd recommend?

Trios is always a good bet, especially this year's final.

I'm also a big fan of the Chuck Taylor (TM) angle, and The Assyrian Portal had a great pair of matches with TdT out of Quebec (I forget the show titles off the top of my head).

They've started bringing in some new faces who've really been growing on me, like Team Sea Stars. I even show up (visually and audibly) in some of the Philly shows!

• Like 1

ColbyCorinoReport.jpg

THAT'S what Colby Corino looks like these days?  If you're going to do a Trent Acid tribute gimmick, then you should only dress like Trent, not do all the drugs Trent did.

Oh, the boys in General Population at Turney Center are just going to love Colby, especially if he inherited his father's Foot In Mouth Disease that Steve has suffered from for the last 20 years.

On 12/6/2016 at 4:06 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Anybody going to House of Hardcore in Joppa?  Looks like a fun show coming up.  From WO's Daily Update:

I could have sworn Ellsworth signed a WWE contract, I guess he is honoring previous commitments.  But Mundo/Ray Fenix, Cage vs Moose?  Hell yeah, that sounds like a pretty damn good time.

KIKUTARO~?  When the fuck is this going down?

Hopefully not this weekend now that my significant other fucking roped us into watching the baby on Saturday night.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Hopefully not this weekend now that my significant other fucking roped us into watching the baby on Saturday night.

Next Saturday, December 17.  Should be fun seeing him.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

He's based in the USA now. Expect to see him a lot more in the future throughout the country. 

Will watch! Love me some CWF, it's amazing that the whole NC indy scene has gained a bit of a following here in Australia the last year or so. I blame Snes talking it up when she returns from her annual trips haha.

On a similar vein, just watched PWX's X16 tournament. Good quality stuff, Hollis vs Riddle was excellent. Ethan Case and Anthony Henry are really good too

9 hours ago, DeadEffect said:

Will watch! Love me some CWF, it's amazing that the whole NC indy scene has gained a bit of a following here in Australia the last year or so. I blame Snes talking it up when she returns from her annual trips haha.

On a similar vein, just watched PWX's X16 tournament. Good quality stuff, Hollis vs Riddle was excellent. Ethan Case and Anthony Henry are really good too

Hahaha yeah, Sarah is one of our biggest supporters. We actually get alot of feedback from Australia, which always surprises me.

That CWF Christmas special is quite entertaining. Ricky Morton with some winning merch at the 31 minute mark.

Spoiler

And I totally think WWE is stealing the Carolers distraction for a roll up win from you all this week.

• Like 1