DVDVR Message Board

2016 US Indy General Discussion (if it doesn't already have a thread)

Dojo Wars 60 from CZW/WSU Academy in Blackwood, New Jersey

1). Nick Berk v. Drew Gulak
2). Lloyd Jameson v. Joe Gacy
3). LT Nyce, Napalm Bomb & Ryan Galeone v. Blackwater, Wheeler YUTA & Penelope Ford
4). Max Caster v. Jeff Cannonball
5). Isaac Atrox v. George Gatton
6). Gunz A Blazin v. The Dixon Line
7). Frankie Pickard v. Preacher
8). Conor Claxton v. Brittany Blake © for the Medal of Valor (2/3 Falls)
9). Rob Prefontaine, Geoff Bravo, Laszlo Arpad, Kit Osbourne & Josh Adams v. Business Casual, Ace Austin, Qefka The Quiet & Nate Carter
10). Joey Janela v. Bad Boy 2 (Loser Leaves Town)

Kurt Angle may have finished up his pro wrestling dates with TNA, but he's not retiring, as he's said many times. As it turns out, he'll be in the ring rather soon, and against an old foe in Rey Mysterio.

A promotion called UR Fight is putting on a pro wrestling/boxing/grappling/ MMA card that features several formerWWE names. Ken Shamrock is advertised to take on Dan Severn in an MMA fight, while Michael Bisping and Chael Sonnen are set to grapple. Roy Jones Jr will also box on the show against a fan.

My wacky indie experience for the night:  Chris Hero's flight was delayed so the St. Louis Anarchy show had to be drawn out to give him time to get to the building.  A match or two was added and a ton of matches went noticably long (I think only one match went under ten minutes and Davey Vega vs. Jeremy Wyatt went just under 30).  The show clocked in at just under five hours and ended with Mat Fitchett ending Gary Jay's 28-month reign as champion.  Good times.  Also got to hang out for a bit with A.C.H. as he was visiting.

• Like 1

Amazingly the crowd stayed pretty decent for the show...the Hero tag match was just kinda there, admittedly, but the main event between Gary Jay and Mat Fitchett was as nuts as expected.  Both guys were banged up by the end of it and Fitchett said the following night that he suffered a concussion.  (Obviously he didn't wrestle on the Sunday show despite winning the title the night before).

It'll suck if Jay starts to wind things down at this point as he's just starting to get notice on the national stage; I imagine he's had his cage rattled on more than a few occasions, though.  His appearance is extremely deceiving as he's a scrawny dude but hits ridiculously hard...just ask Dasher Hatfield.

The Sunday night show had Hero against Jojo Bravo from Texas, while Saturday had Hero and Trik Davis against local new guys Danny Adams and Everett Connors.  I liked the singles match better, personally, and it sounds like Hero may come in more regularly.  Sweet.

1). Drew Gulak v. Preacher

2). Hous Blazer v. Geoff Bravo
3). Isaac Atrox v. Ryan Galeone
4). Ron Voyage v. Cannonball
5). Ace Austin & Frankie Pickard v. Joe Gacy & George Gatton
6). Josh Adams v. Dan O'Hare
7). Wheeler YUTA v. Brittany Blake (2/3 Falls; Medal of Valor)

I didn't realize they were Periscoping these every week.

The only one I know of in West Virginia is WVCW, and I only know of that because I follow Jason Kincaid

Json Kincaid was at the ROH TV Tapings this past weekend in North Carolina.  That guy is fun to watch.

His match with Lio Rush in the ROH Prospects Tournament was fucking bananas.

The only one I know of in West Virginia is WVCW, and I only know of that because I follow Jason Kincaid

Json Kincaid was at the ROH TV Tapings this past weekend in North Carolina.  That guy is fun to watch.

His match with Lio Rush in the ROH Prospects Tournament was fucking bananas.

That was the last of the First Round Top Prospet matches that they taped in NC.  The ROH taping that I went to

anyone know anything about Inpsire Pro Wrestling in Austin Tx? Gonna be there saturday through tuesday and I see they have a show Friday at 5pm.  Whats it like? Anyone know anything about the venue or neighborhood? do they have beer? would probably take an uber or lyft there I guess.  

Any other wrestling down there?

http://inspireprowrestling.com/faces-of-vengeance-2-28-16-in-austin/

anyone know anything about Inpsire Pro Wrestling in Austin Tx? Gonna be there saturday through tuesday and I see they have a show Friday at 5pm.  Whats it like? Anyone know anything about the venue or neighborhood? do they have beer? would probably take an uber or lyft there I guess.  

Any other wrestling down there?

http://inspireprowrestling.com/faces-of-vengeance-2-28-16-in-austin/

Lets see.

Keith Lee is good for a big guy. Works for lots of TX indies and has worked for Wildkat outta NOLA before.

Carson is the former boyfriend of Former NWA woman's champ Barbi Hayden,decent wrestler vs Ricky Starks,Starks is great and has some of the best facial expressions in the southern indies.

Cherry Ramons is a fun comedy style guy. 

Andy Dalton is Gulf Coast legend Frank Daltons son. Andy is great and if he was just say 4 inches taller he would be in NXT or somewhere. 

Pump Patrol,Curt STUDD MAtthews is from around my area. Use to do a Hogan Tribute act on the MS indies. Nice guy and damn good wrestler. Seems he is facing Tim Storm,decent wrestler was in TCW for most of its run,and some other guy.

Jessica James is pretty good. Saw her face Devyn Nicole in my town right at a year ago. Ms James is tiny,like barely 5 foot tall.

Moonshine Mantell is great,he was trained by Funaki and spent some time last year over in the kai en tai dojo. Mike Dell is best known for being Ambrose's shrink on Raw when they were in LA one time. Another damn good wrestler that if he was just 4 inches taller would be in NXT or NJPW.

Greg James does a cult leader style gimmick. Saw him and Vordell Walker have a great singles then come back 2 months later and have an even better 6 man tag.

Jason Silver is part of Greg James' Cult. He is ok.

If it wasn't a 5 hour drive for me I would go. Right now TX has a bunch of damn good feds. VIP wrestling in Arlington,NWA IHWE that runs Crowley,Inspire Pro in Austin and a bunch more. 

• Like 1