DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

Broacast too. I'm struggling to think what tentpole is there in place of. Flagship? Terrible?

Tentpole is the right word in this case. Or perhaps tent pole, technically, since tentpole isn't a word. But the term is right.

Weird, never heard that before.

Somewhat related, TNA should just buy a big top, tape shows and tour around like a circus.

More of a circus.

Broacast too. I'm struggling to think what tentpole is there in place of. Flagship? Terrible?

Tentpole is the right word in this case. Or perhaps tent pole, technically, since tentpole isn't a word. But the term is right.

Somewhat related, TNA should just buy a big top, tape shows and tour around like a circus.

More of a circus.

TNA should tour with The Jim Rose Circus.

Taping a show aboard a cruise ship sounds like an idea that Eric Bischoff wishes he had had in the mid-90s. 

"WELCOME TO WCW MONDAY NITRO LIVE ABOARD THE CARNIVAL CRUISE SHIP AS WE SAIL TOWARDS THE CARIBBEAN! THIS IS THE FIRST EDITION OF WRESTLING TELEVISION TO BE MOVING FROM NATION TO NATION AS WE BRING YOU LIVE WRESTLING ACTION AS ONLY WCW CAN!" 

• Like 2

By Mike Johnson on 2016-01-22 11:17:09

TNA has offered Kurt Angle a new deal that wouldn't require him to wrestle but would see him associated with the company as sort of the ambassador and face of the promotion while also working with younger talents to help them improve. The idea would be for Angle to be sort of the living legend who's around. Angle has not yet agreed to the deal. He's talked of wanting to take time off of wrestling when he finishes up later this month with the company.

TNA is also in the midst of locking in talents to new, exclusive deals that would see them get more money and also become exclusives to the promotion once again, putting TNA into a position where they would now field out the talents via third-party bookings with the company taking a piece of each booking.  For those wondering how TNA can now be in a position to do this, one, Kurt Angle's big money contract with the company is coming to an end, freeing up capital, plus existing TV deals in India and Great Britain have renewed with the advent of 2016, bringing new, higher payments into the company.  These are allowing a little more freedom with spending.

Kurt Angle, in an interview with Sports Illustrated this week, said he was 95% not going to undertake an MMA fight but was getting his feet wet with his new relationship with Bellator.  He didn't completely rule out the possibility and noted that initially, Bellator approached him about fighting.  Angle stated that if it ever happened, he would face someone like a Ken Shamrock or Royce Gracie, who could still "kick ass"  but were "past their prime."

More of a circus.

TNA should tour with The Jim Rose Circus.

I read this first as the Jim Ross Circus. Which would be a glorious train wreck.

To Add some context to the Becky statement above (Pulled from various Tweets):

Backing out of a signed deal of any kind = breach of contract with huge legal and financial ramifications. Not even worth an eye roll emoji. What I mean is if any of what is being said is true, wouldn't TNA be taking immediate legal action? Wouldn't the lawyers be the ones talking.This is the company that let me in on my contract status via Twitter tho so I guess nothing comes as a surprise with them anymore.Last thought...LOL at TNA flattering themselves; the only q's anyone is asking about AJ, Drew or Karl are about the RR & Bullet Club in WWE.TBH I never planned to speak publicly about my TNA stuff as I'm very old school & believe issues like this should be kept behind the curtain.But seeing them try to put those 3 guys on blast just set me off & them trying to leech off Bullet Club's success for attention makes me ill.

• Like 1

Bill Behrens:

No contract was ever finalized nor signed by the parties.

That I would need to be involved in the contract process was known by TNA prior to my involvement and understood by them. 

TNA and its 1st lawyer did not present in a timely fashion a contract that accurately reflected previous discussions at all. That created great concern tied to past experiences. In that time and prior there was other interest and there were other firm offers on the table and other discussions.

TNA was aware of other interest and various conflicts. TNA was aware a final contract was required. It was creating that contract and controlled that timetable. Too much time passed early on. Other things came into play. No contract was ever finalized with TNA.

To suggest I make any decision for my clients is to misunderstand my role and diminish the role each talent has in making their own decisions, and insults the talent in the process.
  • Like 1