DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

The type is unimportant, but it's just sitting there in the same spot. If you look at it every day, it doesn't even look different, but if you go a few weeks without looking you notice it's withering away. At one point it was gross and stunk but at this point, your either used to it or is just all dried up, skin and bones. And who knows how long is going to be there? Those bones may not disappear for years.

This may have been discussed earlier, but I missed it - why in the world would Bennett think TNA is a move up from ROH at this point? Isn't it fairly obvious who's no. 2 and 3 in the promotion rankings? Neither is going to be your golden ticket into the WWE, but at least working with ROH gives you an "in" in New Japan.

If he went because TNA stupidly overpaid him, good for him, but if he went 'cause he thought his push would be better or something, he's a mark.

• Like 1

This may have been discussed earlier, but I missed it - why in the world would Bennett think TNA is a move up from ROH at this point? Isn't it fairly obvious who's no. 2 and 3 in the promotion rankings? Neither is going to be your golden ticket into the WWE, but at least working with ROH gives you an "in" in New Japan.

If he went because TNA stupidly overpaid him, good for him, but if he went 'cause he thought his push would be better or something, he's a mark.

Bennett was already working New Japan as part of The Kingdom. He and Matt Taven had been IWGP tag champions. I'm thinking they went to TNA only because TNA overpaid. I can't fault them for that at all; make as much while you can.

I knew he had been in New Japan - hard to forget Maria's appearances - I was saying that leaving TNA closes that door, and you should probably get all the work you can.

I can't help but wonder if TNA said "you're not much in ROH, but we'll make you a star~!" Like I said, if they paid him like a star, too, Merry Christmas.

Hoo Boy

Supposedly at tonight's TV tapings (before the PPV)

The did a double turn with Matt Hardy going heel and winning the World Title with Tyrus helping him

So EC3 has suffered a loss and is a face now

Granted this won't air for God knows when

So, Pop/TV Guide had been in my area on the same channel since 1997 through 3 different companies that eventually ended being owned by Comcast. A week after Impact moves to it, Comcast moved it to the same tier as Destination America.  :lol: TNA can't buy a break. Literally.

Yet you can still watch the VOD from Pop. So I turned on Impact to see what the deal with it was now. Did they seriously get a royalty free youtube track as their new show music? Then I had a giggle that the Pop rating says TV14, while Comcast rates it as PG. With both on the screen at the same time.

Yet you can still watch the VOD from Pop. So I turned on Impact to see what the deal with it was now. Did they seriously get a royalty free youtube track as their new show music?

That's the brand new "Roustabout" by Billy Corgan~!

It's so weirdly mellow and inappropriate for a wrestling show. It sounds like stock background chillax music. Also, I genuinely tried to watch the first POP ep, but had to tap out about 52 minutes in. Old ass, barely walking Kurt Angle getting into fights with a reality TV star and Eli Drake on his "retirement tour". "2006 is my year. 2006 is my year." Pope and Josh are awful. 

I mean...TNA has always been pretty iffy. The last show I watched was BFG, which I thought was a terrrrrible show. I thought maybe they'd try a little harder to impress on their new network, but it was as bad as ever. Bad wrestling, bad promos, bad announcing, bad camera work, everything just feels...so flat. Yet also loud.

First ep of TNA on Pop was worth it for Pope's reaction to Josh mentioning "Schitt's Creek."  From his reaction, it was obvious he had never heard of the show before.

Granted, most people probably aren't familiar with the show - but most people probably aren't supposed to be promoting the show on their show (on the same network).

First ep of TNA on Pop was worth it for Pope's reaction to Josh mentioning "Schitt's Creek." From his reaction, it was obvious he had never heard of the show before.

Granted, most people probably aren't familiar with the show - but most people probably aren't supposed to be promoting the show on their show (on the same network).

There are posters for Schitt's Creek all over Toronto and I barely know what it is. Pope never had a chance.

From TNA's website, under their description of their pay-per-view events:

TNA Wrestling presents 2 LIVE tentpole Pay-Per-View events each year - Slammiversary and Bound for Glory.  Pay-Per-View Events can be seen in the U.S. through cable and satteletite provideers, or via the Flipps app. Many international markets broacast Pay-Per-View events as part of programming.

WTF TNA?